Whew! It’s been a crazy year already, and we’re only 16 days in. Let’s check in on where I’m at with New Years Resolutions and January Goals!
2015 New Year’s Resolutions
- Increase posting frequency from 2 posts per week to 3 posts per week. End the year with 5 posts per week. I’m doing really well with this! I’ve done three posts per week all month, and I’ve got plenty of posts scheduled. I’m hoping to increase to four posts per week by June, but I might be able to do that sooner!
- Turn my blog into a business. This includes the legal side as well as creating ads, sponsorships, and sponsored posts. – I’ve started looking into this a bit, which I’d say is a big start. It will take me a bit (i.e. when Stanley stops demanding so much attention) for me to be able to actually make it official. But hey, little steps.
- Write every day. Whether it’s a blog post or just in a journal, write something every day. – I’ve only missed four days so far. While that is 25 percent, I’m still happy with that based on how busy I’ve been lately.
- Exercise regularly and eat healthier to control my high cholesterol and negate any weight-gaining side effects of my anxiety meds. – I’m not doing so well with eating healthy, but I’ve walked at least 5,000 steps each day, and I’ve been working out at least three times per week so far. Not bad!
Alright, let’s look at January goals.
- Retry the #30DaysNoShopping from Stylebook. This month, I got three Fitbits. So let’s just say I’ve already failed this.
Complete the first 31 days of the #100HappyDays Challenge. I didn’t really like this challenge so much, so I gave up on it on day three.
Finish my book. Not doing so hot right now. Only about 100 pages in. Of about 1,100. Womp.
Teach the puppy how to sit and lay down. The puppy is deeeeefinitely taking up a ton of time. The good news is: he’s already mastered sitting and laying down! He also knows come, stay, shake, and speak. he’s so smart!
Publish three blog posts per week for the entire month. So far so good!
How are your goals coming so far?