Happy March! Normally I really like February, but this year it was hard. The last half of the month was crazy busy with work, and I definitely felt like life was happening to me instead of the other way around.
March marks one year since the beginning of the pandemic, which is crazy, but I’m trying to bring some positive energy into the month; I’ve got a lot of fun things I want to do and accomplish.
But I’m getting ahead of myself—first let’s go through what I did and didn’t accomplish (mostly didn’t) in February.
Home Goals [2/2]
- Put the heated mattress pad on our bed. ✔ Want to know what’s super aggravating about this? I kept putting it off because I thought the mattress pad was in the attic. Nope. It was under our bed. 🤦🏼♀️
- Set up the cabinets and organize the laundry room. ✔ Yes! And it makes me so happy. Room tour coming soon!
Personal Goals [0/3]
- Migrate my 403B into an IRA. ✘ I didn’t even start this, which annoys me because it probably won’t actually take that much time once I figure it out.
- Get to Level 5 on all lessons up to Past Tense 4 in Duolingo. ✘ This was a bit ambitious, but it motivated me to get through a bunch of lessons! I made it through six of the nine lessons I wanted to do.
- Finish reading The Eye of the World. ✘ I barely made progress with it, but that’s okay. I needed to prioritize reading I wanted to do instead of reading I felt obligated to do.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [0/1]
- Write two blog posts per week. ✘ Not at all, but I’m giving myself some grace since it was a really hard month. Hoping I can do this in March, though!
I’ve decided to skip the categories for March since I was feeling a bit constrained. Here are my six goals for March!
- Migrate my 403B into an IRA. I really want to get my retirement funds into a better account! Hopefully less work stress will enable this to happen in March.
- Get to Level 5 on all lessons up through Daily Life in Duolingo. I was able to get through six lessons in February, so I want to stay consistent and get another 6 down in March.
- Finish the first chunk of my cross-stitch project. My canvas is huge, and I want to motivate myself to keep going with it. It’s folded into six (unequal) chunks, and one of those chunks is about 2/3 of the way done. I’d like to finish that one this month!
- Catch the available uncaught fish and sea creatures in ACNH. I really want to catch all of the fish, sea creatures, and bugs in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (it’s on my 101 in 1001 list!), and I’m so close! I need to wait until July to get the rest of the bugs, but there are three fish and two sea creatures that I can get this month.
- Write two blog posts per week. I really miss blogging, so I want to get back into it this month.
- Share two room tours on the blog. I’ve been sitting on room tour photos and haven’t had the time or energy to write the blog posts, so I’m hoping to get those up this month.
Let’s do this, March!