Happy February, and happy almost birthday to me! I’m feeling optimistic about the month ahead. January was rough, but I love the fresh start a new month brings.
Home Goals [0/2]
- Get the laundry room organized. ✘ This didn’t happen, but with good reason! A family friend is selling us her old kitchen cabinets, next weekend and we’re going to set them up in the laundry room. Once we realized that, it didn’t make sense to organize stuff until we had a better idea of what storage we’ll have. I’m bringing this one over into February and I’m really excited to accomplish it!
- Catch up on / stay up to date on the chore chart. ✘ This month really took a toll on us, between the attempted coup and work craziness, so we definitely let the chore chart slide.
Personal Goals [3/5]
- Read 7 books. ✔ Done! And honestly it didn’t feel like a crazy amount of work.
- Start the cross-stitch kit. ✔ I finally did this on my day off for MLK Day, and I’m so glad I did! It’s such a relaxing new hobby.
- Paint my nails at least 5 times. ✔ I actually did it 9 times! I just had to get back in the habit. 💅🏻
- Get back into my Ring Fit routine. ✘ This unfortunately didn’t happen, but I at least played 6 times throughout the month, which is better than nothing!
- Finalize my Sidecar recipe. ✘ We have to buy a new bottle of cognac for this to happen, and it wasn’t a priority in our budget this month.
Honestly, I’m not feeling too bad about getting 3/7 goals done in January. Given how the month went, that actually feels rather impressive!
- Put the heated mattress pad on our bed. This is the simplest thing, but I keep refusing to do it because the heated mattress pad is in the attic. But seriously, this would make the cold so much more bearable for me and Sean, so I want to make it a priority, ideally early in the month!
- Set up the cabinets and organize the laundry room. For real this time! We’re picking up cabinets from a family friend on Saturday, and I’m so excited to organize all the things!
- Migrate my 403B into an IRA. I’ve got an old 403B (my employer has since changed our plan to a 401K with a new provider) and I want to transfer it to an IRA. I’ve been meaning to for probably more than a year, so it’s time!
- Get to Level 5 on all lessons up to Past Tense 4 in Duolingo. I want to get all Spanish lessons to Level 5 (or the gold level, if it’s a smaller lesson) for my 101 in 1001 list, and I’m trying to make a more intentional effort with it. I think I can get up to Past Tense 4 (meaning Level 5 through Story 2) this month! That’s 9 lessons I need to get up to Level 5.
- Finish reading The Eye of the World. I’ve been trying to get into this book for a while, but I keep finding it easier to start another book instead. I know I’ll really enjoy it, I just need to get further into it. I’m giving myself until the end of the month to finish it!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write two blog posts per week. I’ve started getting in the habit of ignoring my blog all week until 3 pm on Sunday when I finally put together Sunday Scratches, and I really want to shake it! I’d like to continue writing Sunday Scratches, but add in at least one post per week.
Let’s do this, February!