Hello, December! We’re getting close to finishing out the Worst Year Ever™, everyone! We can do it!
Before we talk about my goals for the end of the year, let’s see how I did in November.
Home Goals [3/4]
- Update our home book. ✔ Done! I ended up doing this right away on November 1. It felt so good to have it out of the way!
- Inquire about converting our fireplace to gas. ✔ It took a bit of back and forth but we got it figured out! It turns out they can do the work at any point in the year, not just during the summer like we had thought, so we feel okay putting off scheduling it until the spring.
- Clean couch slip cover and take photos for Facebook Marketplace. ✔ We cleaned the slip cover, took photos, and sold the couch this month! And the timing was perfect because we received our new couch the next morning.
- Finish the baseboards in the entryway and entryway closet. ✘ We were going to do this the week of Thanksgiving but decided it was more important that we take a mental break from our never-ending list of projects.
Personal Goals [2/6]
- Play Ring Fit 3x per week. ✘ I did okay, but I didn’t really do Ring Fit the week of the election or the week of Thanksgiving.
- Yoga 1x per week. ✘ I did one yoga class, and then started another got got interrupted by our couch delivery. I’m interested in doing yoga more, it’s just a hard habit for me to break into for some reason.
- Make a shopping list for our emergency preparedness kit. ✔ I have the shopping / supplies list ready to go! Now it’s time to actually purchase everything and get it assembled…
- Buy and complete a cross-stitch kit. ✘ I bought the cross-stitch kit and then got intimidated so I never actually started it.
- Start an embroidered tablecloth with my mom at Thanksgiving. ✘ We canceled our Thanksgiving plans so this has been put on hold!
- Finish up our house Old Fashioned recipe. ✔ Done! I’m super happy with it, too. Now I just need to write it down so I don’t forget!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [2/2]
- Write one blog post per week, plus Sunday Scratches. ✔ This was a bit of a struggle this month, with two different posts going up on a Saturday (I prefer to post Monday through Friday), but I got it done!
- Build an FAQ section of my Contact page. ✔ Done! And like usual, it wasn’t nearly as hard as I was making it out to be.
Career Goals [0/2]
- Identify next steps for the Forms and Documents webpage cleanup. ✘ Too many other things came up.
- Make a plan for the Volunteer section of our website. ✘ See above.
Not great, but not terrible. Onto December!
- Finish the baseboards in the entryway and entryway closet. This will feel so good to have done. I just need to chop it up into doable tasks!
- Finish reorganizing the main room of the basement. We started reorganizing the main room of the basement to make more room for Sean’s brewery supplies, which means… our basement is now a mess. We just need to go through everything that has been displaced, declutter what we no longer need, and find a new home for everything we’re keeping!
- Listen up through episode 75 of 99% Invisible. Right now I’m at episode 25, so this feels like a lot, but the first chunk of episodes are 15 minutes or less, so it really shouldn’t take too much time.
- Do 3 FitOn yoga classes. Instead of saying one per week, I’m committing to 3 classes this month, even if I do them all in the last week!
- Start the cross-stitch kit I’ve purchased. I don’t need to finish it, I just need to start it.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write one blog post per week, plus Sunday Scratches. Having this as a monthly goal has been very motivating, so I’d like to stick with it.
- Create the member promotional toolkit for Cookies. This has been the work task that’s given me the most background anxiety, because it’s big, important, and has been sitting on the backburner. I started it yesterday, but I’d like to have it ready to launch by December 14, so I’ve got some work to do!
- Identify next steps for the Forms and Documents webpage cleanup. I’m carrying these over into another month because they’re so important!
- Make a plan for the Volunteer section of our website. See above!
I have the feeling this month will fly by! Wish me luck!