2015 is off to a great start! With the launch of my Etsy shop and the adoption of a puppy (more on him next week!), I’ve already had a busy year.
But what is busyness without goals to measure it by? Let’s look at my New Year’s Resolutions and January goals!
2015 New Year’s Resolutions
- Increase posting frequency from 2 posts per week to 3 posts per week. End the year with 5 posts per week.
- Turn my blog into a business. This includes the legal side as well as creating ads, sponsorships, and sponsored posts.
- Write every day. Whether it’s a blog post or just in a journal, write something every day.
- Exercise regularly and eat healthier to control my high cholesterol and negate any weight-gaining side effects of my anxiety meds.
I’m keeping these pretty simple, because I don’t want to overwhelm myself with things to get done. I think two for blogging and two for personal life are perfect for where I’m at.
Now let’s look back at my December goals.
Have more productive weekends.SUCCESS! I’ve been relaxing quite a bit, which I’m definitely going to consider productive. Plus, over the holiday weekend, I was able to get a lot of posts written and scheduled, so that was awesome! Make a plan for an Etsy shop.SUCCESS! It officially opened yesterday! Check it out!
Watch less television. FAIL. I watched a lot of television in December. Curse you, Netflix.
Continue to read more. FAIL. I’ve barely read any of my book, and I didn’t meet my Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge. Womp womp.
Design and order holiday cards.SUCCESS! I’m super happy with how they turned out!
Use Rosetta Stone once per week. FAIL. Didn’t use it once.
Don’t spend money outside of gifts, groceries, rent, etc. FAIL. I spent way too much.
Half success isn’t too bad! Let’s look at the month ahead.
- Retry the #30DaysNoShopping from Stylebook.
Complete the first 31 days of the #100HappyDays Challenge.
Finish my book.
Teach the puppy how to sit and lay down.
Publish three blog posts per week for the entire month.
Let’s get this year started! What are your resolutions for the year and goals for the month?