I’m a bit late on these, as it’s now the 10th of November, but I wanted to share my goals for the month of November. I’m hoping this makes them more tangible and holds me more accountable for them.
I’ve got 10 goals for the month, separated into two categories: blog and personal.
- Have more productive weekends. Because I work full time, weekends are basically my only opportunity to work on blog posts. I had a really productive Sunday this weekend, but I didn’t do much on Saturday. I had a ton of plans for the day, but before I knew it the sun was going down and hardly anything had been achieved. I’d like to fix this by the end of the month.
- Start an email list. I know this is a huge part of blogging, but it goes back to goal #1: I haven’t had time to devote to it yet. I know the steps I need to take to create an email list that people can sign up for. Now I just need to do it.
- Make a plan for opening an Etsy shop. I’ve wanted to open up a shop on Etsy for some time now, but for one reason or another it has gotten away from me. I know it will be a long process, but I’d like to come up with a plan this month.
- Do more link-ups. Now that I’ve joined the TriStyle & Co. Google+ Community, I’ve found a lot more opportunities for blog link-ups. I love it! Now I just have to join them
- Watch less television. This should be a bit easier by the end of the month, because Sean and I decided to cancel our cable starting the week of Thanksgiving. We really only watched two channels, and the bill was crazy high. Unfortunately, our apartment complex only lets us use one cable provider, so the only cost-cutting option was to drop cable completely. Even before then, though, I’d like to watch less television because it’s just a giant time-suck.
- Read more. I absolutely love reading, but I’ve found myself reading less and less as of late. I’m in the middle of a long book series, so I just need to power through them. I’d love to finish the series by the end of the year, but for now I’ll stick with finishing book three by the end of the month.
- Order holiday cards. I haven’t decided what I’d like to do for mine and Sean’s holiday cards yet, but I’m excited that we’re finally doing our own this year. And by “we” I mean “Caitlin.” I’d like to have them ordered / planned out by the end of this month so I’m not scrambling at the last minute / back out of sending them in December.
- Spend more time with friends. Sean and I joined a 3D Dodgeball league (it’s dodgeball on trampolines–who could turn that down?) that started last week Monday, and it’s helped me realize how much I value time with friends. Since moving in with Sean, I feel myself becoming more and more of a homebody, being perfectly content staying in every night of the week and watching television. (See goal #5.) I’d like to stop automatically turning down opportunities to hang out with friends.
- Use Rosetta Stone more. As you can see on my bucket list, I’d really like to learn French. I’m using Duolingo regularly, but I have strayed away from Rosetta Stone quite a bit. It’s a bummer, because I spent a lot of money on it. I’d like to use both so I didn’t waste that money.
- Spend less money. I joined the #30DaysNoShopping Challenge from Stylebook two weeks ago, but I’ve only stopped spending money on clothes. I really need to curb spending (outside of gifts and holiday cards) for the rest of the month, if not longer. Which is really difficult when A Beautiful Mess just opened their online store.
What are your goals for the month of November? Do you have any suggestions for how I can achieve all of mine this month?
I’ll share my progress at the beginning of December!