Happy (almost) May! I haven’t been posting a bunch around here, because I realized I had too many big projects going on and needed to cut back on almost everything else. I’m nearing the end of a few of them, though, so I’m excited to get back to blogging soon!
In the mean time, I still want to track my goals, because they really do give me a direction and priorities. With that said, let’s recap my goals for April!
Personal Goals [1/2]
- Finish A Song of Ice and Fire. ✔ Done! I finished everything but the epilogue last night, and this morning I cranked that out before work. I still *technically* have to read the pre-released chapters of Winds of Winter, but I’m not counting that, because they aren’t ~official~ yet. So that will be a fun project for the next week. Now to cross this off my 101 in 1001 list!
- Build the bookshelf in the office. ✘ Not yet! We’re about halfway there. The big frame is built, it’s secured to the wall, and we’ve caulked it. Now we just need to paint it and add the shelves!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/2]
- Create 50% of the videos for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand. ✘ I wasn’t quite that good, but I did get quite a few videos recorded! I now need to edit them and keep recording the rest. The launch is more likely for the beginning of summer instead of spring, but that’s okay!
- Convert my Parallax Gravity Lite landing pages to regular pages.
✔ Done! Turns out I was able to delete all but one, and I whipped up the regular page for that remaining one in a couple minutes. So glad to have another plugin uninstalled.
Career Goals [2/2]
- Migrate another 25% of emails to Content Builder. ✔ Done! Once I got comfortable with how to do this, they got a lot easier. I probably could have done more than 25%, but I’m happy with the pace I’m going!
- Finish the Early Bird Toolkit. ✔ Done! It’s a little more sparse than I originally imagined, but I’m okay with that. Any larger and it could have gotten overwhelming.
It wasn’t a great month, but it also wasn’t a bad month. Here are the goals for May!
- Visit two new-to-me breweries on the Give a Craft passport. A fun one! There are two new breweries in Kalamazoo, so I’m falling a bit behind on my Give a Craft passport. I’d like to take advantage of the nice weather and check out two breweries I haven’t been to yet.
- Catch up on my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal. I fell a bit behind thanks to A Song of Ice and Fire, so I’d like to catch up this month.
- Do two crafts. I’m not super picky about what they are, but I’d like them to be new! No more clay necklaces for now.
- Finish the bookshelves. So close!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Have 75% of the videos for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand recorded and edited. Even though I didn’t meet the goal for April, I’d like to get back on track with my original plan to have these done ASAP!
- Begin setting up Teachable for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand. This is the fun part! I have the branding created, so now I need to set up Teachable for the new course.
- Get back to posting 2x per week by the end of the month. I don’t want to burn out again, so I’m giving myself the whole month to get back into it. As long as I’ve got 2 posts up the final week of May, I’ll be happy!
- Send a survey to members about our website and begin a plan for the new website organization. Reorganizing the website has literally been on my list of projects since I started 3 years ago… and now I’m finally prioritizing it! We’re currently surveying staff members about the website, so I want to adapt that survey for members, and start planning changes while the results come in.
- Create a plan for expanding the Daisy Welcome Series and adapting the emails in the existing series. This series has been a big project of mine, and I’m really excited to expand it beyond just kindergarteners and first graders! I don’t think that will all happen in one month, but I’d like to at least make a plan.
A little bit of an audacious plan this month, but I’ve found that no matter how many goals I set for myself, I always have just one or two left that I didn’t hit. So I might as well go big, right?
Leave a Reply