Happy December! It’s the last month of the decade… crazy, right?! Before we get into the goals for the month, let’s check back on the goals I set for November.
Personal Goals [2/6]
- Install the porch windows and make a plan for the floor. ✔ Yes! We got the windows installed just in time, because two days later we got our first big snowfall of the year. Whew! Then we found some inexpensive tile and ordered a sample and decided to move forward with that for the flooring! We’re really excited about it.
- Finish the souvenir boxes. ✘ Mmmmnope.
- Fix my giraffe mask from Uganda. ✘ Whyyyyy does this project intimidate me so much.
- Go on a tour of the Bell’s Brewery Comstock location. ✘ We just ran out of time and energy for this one.
- See two movies in theatres. ✔ Technically yes! We saw Joker and Knives Out. Though, I will say… I walked out of Joker 45 minutes into the movie. It’s not that it was bad, per se… it just had me on the verge of a panic attack literally the entire time. I’m still going to count it, but in the future I’d like to sit through two *entire* movies each month.
- De-pill all of my sweaters. ✘ I did really well with this one even though I technically didn’t complete it! I de-pilled 10 out of my 15 sweaters, but I’ve decided I can spot-check the other ones and quickly shave any pills off. No need to sit down and finish the last 5 sweaters before I plan to wear them.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/1]
- Participate in NaNoBlogMo. ✔ I’m calling this a yes, even though I *technically* didn’t do what I said I would do. I originally said 50,000 words toward different blog projects, but halfway through the month I realized… the main goal was to blog more, and that’s not just writing. I was doing things like updating my website and creating new services that weren’t technically word-based. In the end, I did blog more, so I consider this one done! Note to self, in the future measure “blog more” in time spent instead of words written.
Career Goals [1/1]
- Train Business Support on JotForms and the website. ✔ Yes! I feel like I overestimated how much training I could get done in a month, because JotForms and the website aren’t exactly *small* things for people to learn. But I got the basics down, which is really exciting! Fingers crossed this frees up my time in the near future.
Four of eight done! It seems like I always get half of my goals crossed off, no matter how many I make…
- Finish the souvenir boxes. How many times can I say “for real this time”?
- Fix my giraffe mask from Uganda. See above.
- See two (full) movies in theatres. I have a feeling this one will be easier based on all of the good movies coming out! I already have plans to see one on Wednesday.
- Try 2 new hair styles, 3 times each. It’s on my 101 in 1001 list to have a new go-to hairstyle that isn’t my hair down and curled. It’s going to take some practice, so I’d like to start *actually* trying out potential hair styles this month. And since I know I won’t get it right the first time, I need to try it at least 3 times for each hairstyle.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Publish 1 blog post per week, not including Sunday Scratches. I’ve really enjoyed blogging more… I just need to keep doing it!
- Publish Volunteer Essentials on the website. We have a handbook for our volunteers, called Volunteer Essentials, and we’d like to get an online version published by January. I’ve got it drafted, I just need to proof it and get approval from the appropriate teams.
- Create the Cookie Promo Toolkit. Girl Scout Cookie season is quickly approaching, and I’m feeling a little underprepared! I’d like to catch up before our holiday shutdown begins.
Here’s to a productive and festive December!