This post contains affiliate links that I could make commission off of. All opinions are my own. Learn more.
It’s the last day of August, which means it’s time to recap my goals for the month and see what I’ve got planned for the month ahead. Let’s get started!
Personal Goals [3/4]
- Read 3 books. ✔ Done! I actually finished 4 books this month, but 1 of them I started in July, but even so, I read 3 complete books in August! I finished Mennonite in a Little Black Dress first, and I probably wouldn’t recommend it… I would recommend the other 3 though! I read Rose Under Fire (the sequel to Code Name Verity), Sarah’s Key, and The Pearl Thief (the prequel to Code Name Verity). I need a break from Holocaust books now, please! Send me a friend request on Goodreads to follow along in real time.
- Continue Couch to 10k and run 3x per week. ✘ I really failed at this at the beginning of the month, which I wrote about a little bit on Instagram. Luckily, I got back into it for the second half of August, and I’m now doing much better with it!
- Find out my blood type. ✔ Done! Last Sunday I went and donated blood, which is big for me, because I get really queasy really quickly and have been known to pass out when getting blood work done at the doctor’s office. I called this morning to find out my blood type, which is A+. I’m really proud of myself for crossing this one off!
- Clean up my To Sort folder on my computer. ✔ I ended up doing this in two days! I mostly deleted old items, but I’m so glad it’s taken care of.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [0/2]
- Create and publish one ebook. ✘ I got my ebook outlined and designed half of the cover. So, not even close. I think I was too ambitious with this one. If I could get it completed by the end of the year, I’d be happy.
- Go through 3 classes in CoSchedule Academy Pro. ✘ I technically still have until the end of the day to finish this, but based on my schedule today, I doubt it’s going to happen. Originally I thought I crossed it off, but then I realized the 3 classes I took were free… they weren’t a part of Academy Pro, so they didn’t count. I completed 1 and a half, so I finished half of this goal.
So, overall not great. But not terrible, either! Let’s see what I’ve got planned for September.
- Clean up my Graphics folder on my computer. When I cleaned out my To Sort folder, I put my existing Graphics folder into an Archive folder so I can start fresh. Now I need to organize all of those files. Just like with the To Sort folder, I have the feeling most of those items will be deleted… I just need to actually do it.
- Run 3x per week. I fell off the wagon with this in August, so I’m committed to trying again in September.
- Drink 100oz of water every day for a week. I’m really bad about remembering to drink water, and since I’m at home, I don’t have a good excuse. This is on my 101 in 1001 list, so I’m going to try to crank it out in September!
- Log 20 hours with the Forest App. I really love the Forest App, but I always forget about it! It game-ifies putting your phone down by planting trees as long as you don’t touch your phone. I’m not sure if this goal is ambitious or easy (it’s about 1 hour every work day of September), but I want to really remember to use it.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Finish the outline and branding of my next ebook. I have a basic outline of my book, but I definitely think I could go into more detail. And the branding is going to be a big thing with it, so I want to crank it out. Plus, that’s the fun part!
- Get my Instagram Posts to 100. With my And Possibly Dinosaurs Instagram account, I’m currently at 83 posts. I’d like to get that up to 100 by the end of September!
- Go through 3 classes in CoSchedule Academy Pro. Not including the 1 I already completed in August (though I will include the half of a class I did in August).
Whew! Here’s hoping September is more successful than August. Let’s do this!