This post contains affiliate links that I could make commission off of. All opinions are my own. Learn more.
It’s October! And thank god, because 2020 needs to hurry up and be done already.
Before we get into the month ahead, let’s see what I accomplished in September.
Home Goals [2/3]
- Find art for the entryway. ✔ I ordered a framed photo from Framebridge! I’m really excited to try them out—they’re printing a photo I took in New Zealand and sending it to us all framed. Stay tuned for how it turns out! (PS get 15% off your first order by using this link!)
- Finish tidying up the laundry room. ✔ Done! I did a bunch of decluttering, which is great because we’re actually getting a new washer and dryer on Saturday! We have some cleaning to do before then, but the tidying (which I consider totally different) is done.
- List two things for sale on Facebook Marketplace. ✘ I got half done! I was going to post the second thing yesterday but it was too rainy.
Personal Goals [5/5]
- Read 6 books. ✔ Done! I’m so impressed with myself. I started the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series because the world just got to be… too much for anything other than YA fantasy. And I plowed through the first four books very quickly!
- Listen to Dolly Parton’s America. ✔ I ended up listening to this over the course of like, two days, and I loved it.
- Catch up to episode 275 of Happier. ✔ Done! I’m so close to being caught up with real time!
- Get Stylebook down to 150 items with a cost per wear greater than $1. ✔ This was a big one, but I did it! I’m so glad I pushed to do this, but I think I’m going to back off of big Stylebook pushes for a bit now.
- Make a mask. ✔ My mom helped me with this one! I visited this past weekend and she taught me how to make a mask, and I feel much more confident with it now.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/3]
- Finalize my next 101 in 1001 list. ✔ I’m so excited for this list to launch! Stay tuned for the end of next week for more info.
- Write 2 blog posts per week, plus Sunday Scratches. ✘ I took some much-needed time away and honestly don’t feel terribly guilty about it.
- Get ahead on blog posts. ✘ I still want to get to this point, but it just didn’t happen in September.
Career Goals [1/3]
- Update the content in our email automations. ✘ I have a plan for it (and I even made a tracker for content updates!) but I haven’t actually updated the emails yet. I plan to do this in early October!
- Create a blog editorial calendar. ✔ This was such a small task that made a big impact! I built an editorial calendar for our blog in SharePoint, and it’s already making a big difference in the process, despite the blog not being a big priority for us (yet).
- Build and launch a Discovery Tour webpage. ✘ This got moved down on the list of priorities.
I may not have done great with my blog and work goals, but I killed it with my personal goals! Now for the month ahead…
- Scrape and repaint the final two kitchen window frames. This has been nagging at me for weeks, and we really need to get it done before it snows! We’ve been slowly scraping and repainting the outside window trim, and the final two in our kitchen need some attention. I want to scrape, prime and paint those before the end of this month.
- Update our Home Book. I made a Home Book almost two years ago, but plenty of information has been updated since then, so I’d like to update the files accordingly.
- Play Ring Fit 3x per week. I love Ring Fit, but I got out of the habit (especially now that Sean is working in the sunroom and we’re both working longer hours). I’d like to get back into it this month, especially since it makes an appearance on my upcoming 101 in 1001 list! I actually started this week, too, so I want to do it for all of October.
- Catch up with the Happier podcast. I’m so close now! I’d like to get caught up to real-time with Happier by the end of the month.
- Read or give up on all of the books I have checked out from the library. I currently have 7 books checked out from the library, some of which I’ve had since January… I need to either read them or accept that I don’t really want to read them.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write one blog post per week, plus Sunday Scratches. I’ve come to realize that two blog posts per week is too much for me right now, so I hope that it I pair it back to one, I won’t forgo blogging altogether!
- Build an FAQ section of my contact page. I get a lot of repeat questions, so it would be helpful for me and readers if I had some FAQ available!
- Get to inbox zero. I always strive for Inbox Zero, and it always feels impossible to achieve in my work inbox. I’d love to hit it at least once this month.
- Identify next steps for the Forms and Documents webpage cleanup. This was part of my goals for August, and now that my coworkers have cleaned up the documents themselves, I want to work with them to better organize the webpage where they’re all listed!
- Make a plan for the Volunteer section of our website. On a similar note, the Volunteer section of our website is… awful. It will take me a while to get reorganized, but I want to have a plan by the end of the month so I can slowly chip away at it.
Here’s hoping October is just as productive as September was!