Happy October! I’m working to really embrace fall this year, even though my life seems to be up in the air right now. Before we get into what I’d like to accomplish, let’s review September!
Personal Goals [1/3]
- Finish the porch, minus painting. ✘ Our plans have changed with the porch so much, so… we made a lot of progress! But some things needed to wait until after painting, so this goal wasn’t exactly realistic.
- Fix my giraffe mask. ✘ This one keeps overwhelming me. I’m going to carry this over into October in hopes that I finally cross it off my list!
- Go through my childhood bedroom with my mom. ✔ I ended up getting the whole thing completed in one day! My mom and I got rid of so much stuff, which is awesome. I even brought some things back to Kalamazoo. Hello, high school mix CDs!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/2]
- Write 3 blog posts. ✔ Done! I’m so glad I did, though I wish I had written more. Slowly but surely!
- Write 1 script for the InDesign course rebrand. ✘ The porch and work just ended up taking precedent.
Career Goals [1/2]
- Finish and launch the age-level welcome series. ✘ I’m so close! I should be wrapping it up soon. I basically just need a solid 8 hours with no meetings to crank out all of the work. I can dream, right?
- Come up with new performance goals for the 2020 membership year. ✔ They aren’t finalized yet, but the general ideas are written out! And I’m really excited about them!
With all that has been happening lately, I’m pretty pumped that I got 3 things done this month! Now onto October’s goals.
- Visit one new-to-us brewery on the Give a Craft Brewery Passport. I’ve got 4 more left on the passport! I’d like to get to one of those 4 this month.
- Finish all of my souvenir boxes. I’ve had these souvenir boxes for the longest time, and I really want to finish them! The final step is wood burning the location onto the box, which I’ve done for one of the boxes, but I’d like to finish up the other six. It will take a bit, because I have to change out the hot stamp for each letter, but I should be able to get it done in a month!
- Finish the porch (at least enough before winter). We’re so close! The windows will around the middle of the month, so as long as we get the outside of the house done, the trim boards onto the walls below the ceiling, and get the windows up, I’ll be happy. The inside details can wait until winter or spring.
- Fix my giraffe mask. For real this time!
- Figure out how the new fireplace works. I know this is a lot of personal goals for one month, but I really want to make sure I understand how our new electric fireplace works before winter sets in! There are a bunch of settings and half the time we’re not sure if it’s blowing out heat or not, so I want to feel confident about it by the end of the month.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write 1 script for the InDesign course rebrand. I can do this! Really—that’s going to be my only goal for the blog this month, so I’m going to make myself do it.
- Finish the welcome email series. I don’t technically need to finish all of the emails by the end of the month, because most of them launch November or later, but it would be really nice to have this big project off my plate!
Lots of personal goals, which means I’m being realistic about my blog and career goals to balance it out. Wish me luck!