Happy October! I love the clean slate a new month brings. Before we get into my goals for the month, let’s recap what I accomplished last month.
- Clean up my Graphics folder on my computer. ✔ I treated this much the same way as I treated my Kindle books. I quickly looked through files, and anything I didn’t recognize was deleted. So far I haven’t regretted it in the slightest!
- Run 3x per week. ✔ I’m so proud of myself for this one! I’m technically a week behind on Couch to 10k because one week I couldn’t quite run the full distance required, but I still went for a run 3 times every week, so that’s really exciting!
- Drink 100oz of water every day for a week. ✔ Woo! This one was hard. I’d like to stick with this, but ever since I crossed it off, I’ve barely drank any water. Whoops! I’ll get back into it soon.
- Log 20 hours with the Forest App. ✔ I’m really glad I started using Forest again! I ended up using it for 24 hours and 38 minutes, which is awesome. I’ve really enjoyed using it, so I’m planning to continue this in October.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Finish the outline and branding of my next ebook. ✔ Yay for progress! I’m having to take this slower than I originally wanted because #life, but I’ve designed the cover, created my style guide, and outlined as much as I can before I start writing.
- Get my Instagram Posts to 100. ✔ My Instagram account is at 100 posts now! But just like with drinking water this month, as soon as I met my goal, I stopped. I need to figure out a sustainable way to continue posting to Instagram… Anyone have any tips?
- Go through 3 classes in CoSchedule Academy Pro. ✔ Done! I finished 3 classes, and I got at least one useful thing out of each of them, so I consider that a win.
I can’t believe I actually finished all of my goals this month! 🙌 I’m really proud of myself. Hopefully I can take that momentum into October.
- Journal every day. I’ve been wanting to start journaling for a while, so I’m determined to journal every day in October. As Gretchen Rubin says, it’s easier to do something every day than it is to do something most days.
- Meditate every day. I started doing this for my 101 in 1001 list, and I’ve been really enjoying it! I’m using Headspace and meditating every morning, so I’d like to continue it every day in October.
- Run 3x per week. If it weren’t for this goal, I probably would have given up on this pretty quickly in September, so I’m keeping it on my list. Again, I don’t have to specifically do a full Couch to 10k run, I just have to get out there.
- Begin our new Home Book and complete 50% of it. Creating a home book is on my 101 in 1001 list, and I started it in Kentucky… just in time for us to move. I’d like to restart it for our new house in October and have half of it completed by the end of the month.
- Read all of the library books I have checked out. I have too many library books checked out right now. And it’s especially bad because one of my goals for this year was to go through a bunch of the books that I already own. So this month I’d like to read all of my library books and not check any more out!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Publish 1 Lifestyle post every week, in addition to Sunday Scratches. Since my rebrand, I’ve decided to include lifestyle posts into my schedule, but I haven’t really written that many. In October, I’d like to have one lifestyle post go up each week, in addition to Sunday Scratches and the other tutorial-style posts I write.
- Complete the first section of my ebook. Now that the outline and branding is done, I’m going to write the first section of this ebook! I’m hoping to have it launched by the end of the year.
- Set up an ecommerce platform on my site to sell my ebook. In addition, I want to find out how to actually sell the book. I’d prefer not to use a site like Etsy or Creative Market, so in October I’d like to figure out how to set up the ecommerce platform directly on my site.
Career / Job Goals
- Create a website change management spreadsheet. To hold myself even more accountable, I’m adding in a few career goals each month! First, I’d like to create a website change management spreadsheet so we can start getting the website updated more regularly and delegate some of those updates to other departments.
- Create two Inspiring Women animations for Instagram. One of my professional development goals at work is to experiment with Adobe Creative Cloud programs, including creating animations and videos. The first step I want to take is creating animations from an existing style of posts, and this month I want to make two of those.
Fingers crossed I have the same success record that I had in September! What are your goals for October?