Happy (?) November! I’ve got a lot of anxiety about the month ahead, but goal setting keeps me grounded.
Before I get ahead of myself, let’s review last month’s goals!
Home Goals [1/2]
- Scrape and repaint the final two kitchen window frames. ✔ I finished this just in time on Halloween! Which is good, because it ended up snowing yesterday…
- Update our Home Book. ✘ Not this month, but I’m carrying it over into November because I still need to make it happen!
Personal Goals [3/3]
- Play Ring Fit 3x per week. ✔ Done! I’m really proud of myself—I played every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning since the last week of September. Planning on continuing this into November!
- Catch up with the Happier podcast. ✔ I’ve been working on this since 2017 or 2018 and I finally did it! Now I just need to make sure I continue to listen to the episodes as they come out.
- Read or give up on all of the books I have checked out from the library. ✔ This one was really mentally challenging, but I’m so glad I did it. I had 7 books checked out from the library, and I finished some of them, but gave up on the rest. There are two nonfiction books that I really want to read, but I realized that with the state of the world right now, I just can’t give the books the attention they need, so I can always check them out again later.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [0/2]
- Write one blog post per week, plus Sunday Scratches. ✘ I did at the beginning of the month, but the end of the month got hard and I stopped.
- Build an FAQ section of my contact page. ✘ I barely gave this any thought this month, so I’m going to carry it over because it’s still really important!
Career Goals [1/3]
- Get to inbox zero. ✔ Yes! This one was such a process but I’m really glad I did it. It was such a mental weight lifted off my shoulders.
- Identify next steps for the Forms and Documents webpage cleanup. ✘ Barely even gave this any thought.
- Make a plan for the Volunteer section of our website. ✘ Same. I’m going to carry it over into November in hopes that I can make it a priority again!
I did great personally, but just okay professionally. Let’s see how I do in November!
- Update our home book. It’s on my 101 in 1001 list to update it each year, and I’m running out of time! I have the feeling it will be super easy once I open up the file, I just need to make the mental space to do that.
- Inquire about converting our fireplace to gas. This is really as easy as making a phone call, which I hope to do this week. We want to covert our fireplace to gas next summer, so I need to call and see how quickly their schedule is filling up so we can get on the list if there aren’t many appointments left!
- Clean couch slip cover and take photos for Facebook Marketplace. We’re getting a new couch delivered (hopefully!) in the second half of the month, which means we’ll need to sell the current couch. I want to clean up the slip cover and take some nice photos of it before we run out of space once the new couch arrives.
- Finish the baseboards in the entryway and entryway closet. We’re about halfway done with the baseboards in our entryway, and we’ve kind of stalled on the project. I’m hoping to cross this off the list by the end of November!
- Play Ring Fit 3x per week. I enjoyed this in October so I want to keep going with it!
- Yoga 1x per week. I’m also hoping to add yoga into the mix, because I really like it and want to get back into it.
- Make a shopping list for our emergency preparedness kit. It’s important to me that Sean and I have an emergency preparedness kit (and after 2020, I don’t think I’m alone in that desire…). While I doubt I’ll be able to invest in the whole thing in November, I’d like to make a shopping list so I can slowly chip away at it.
- Buy and complete a cross-stitch kit. It’s on my 101 in 1001 list to learn cross-stitch, and there are plenty of kits out there that make it easy to learn. I want to find one, buy it, and complete it this month, because I think it will be a welcome distraction from all of the craziness that’s about to come our way.
- Start an embroidered tablecloth with my mom at Thanksgiving. Similarly, I have a tablecloth project on my 101 in 1001 list, and I want to start it with my mom when my parents come to visit for Thanksgiving. I’m planning to do a whole blog post about it, so stay tuned for that in the next few months!
- Finish up our house Old Fashioned recipe. I’ve loved getting to practice and play around with different Old Fashioned recipes, and there are only a few more combinations I want to try. I’d like to get our “house recipe” finalized this month so I can shift my focus to other classic cocktails.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write one blog post per week, plus Sunday Scratches. Here’s hoping I can stick to a regular schedule this month!
- Build an FAQ section of my Contact page. I get so many emails asking the same questions, so I just need to remind myself that an up-front time investment will save me time down the line!
- Identify next steps for the Forms and Documents webpage cleanup. The website has seriously been on my list since I started in 2016, so I want to have my plan ready to go by the end of the month!
- Make a plan for the Volunteer section of our website. Same with the volunteer section—which is easily the worst, organization-wise, on our website.
Whew! Big, ambitious month ahead. Wish me luck!
What are your thoughts on the Ring Fit? Would you consider it a decent workout? I don’t know much about it, but I was considering getting one to help me start working out.
Caitlin Honard says
I like it a lot! There are shortcuts that could make it easier to cheat, but if your goal is to get a good workout in, you definitely can. It’s not uncommon for me to finish a workout and be super sweaty haha