Happy November! We returned home from a week in Florida on Friday (more on our trip coming soon!) and spent the weekend getting back into the swing of daily life, which includes goal setting for the month ahead!
But first, let’s review October’s goals.
Personal Goals [3/5]
- Visit one new-to-us brewery on the Give a Craft Brewery Passport. ✔ Done! We visited Wax Wings Brewery in October. I’m not sure it’s our favorite brewery in Kalamazoo, but it was nice to try something new!
- Finish all of my souvenir boxes. ✘ Not quite! I got half done—3 of the remaining 6. Just 3 more to go!
- Finish the porch (at least enough before winter). ✔ I’m going to count this one! Originally I wanted to get the windows in, in addition to putting up the outside cedar shakes and painting the outside, but the windows didn’t actually arrive when they were supposed to. Since that’s not our fault, I’m going to say I we got it done enough.
- Fix my giraffe mask. ✘ For some reason this really intimidates me, and it seems to get more intimidating the longer I put it off.
- Figure out how the new fireplace works. ✔ It wasn’t nearly as complicated as I thought! I’m really glad I know what all of the buttons on the remote do, so I’m fully prepared once winter comes around.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [0/1]
- Write 1 script for the InDesign course rebrand. ✘ I didn’t make any progress in October, but I’ve got a plan for November!
Career Goals [1/1]
- Finish the welcome email series. ✔ Yes! I’m so glad this is done. And I’m presenting it on an upcoming webinar so other councils can use it as well. Really excited about it!
Four out of seven is more than half, so I’ll take it! I planned a lot for October, which wasn’t super realistic because of our week in Florida at the end of the month. I tried to keep Thanksgiving in mind when setting my goals for this month…
- Install the porch windows and make a plan for the floor. We’re so close! The windows have arrived at Menards, but the screws haven’t, which is… frustrating. But we have plenty of time, so (pending the arrival of the screws) I’d like to get the porch windows installed, and make a plan for painting the porch floor. We’re probably going to wait on finishing up the inside walls of the porch until we paint the floor, so we might as well have a plan for it!
- Finish the souvenir boxes. For real this time!
- Fix my giraffe mask from Uganda. See above.
- Go on a tour of the Bell’s Brewery Comstock location. It’s part of the Give a Craft Beer Trail, which is on my 101 in 1001 list, and it sounds super cool! And things that can be done any time are often done at no time, so I’m making it a priority for November.
- See two movies in theatres. Sean and I are members of the AMC Stubs A-List program, which means we can see up to 3 movies every week for $20/mo per person. The problem is, with all of our house projects, we’ve seen one movie per month for the past several months. That cost per ticket isn’t great! Two movies per month basically breaks even, and I’d like to get back in the habit of doing that.
- De-pill all of my sweaters. It’s that time of year! I have an awesome shaver that I use to de-pill my sweaters, so I’d like to go through all of them and get them ready for the cooler weather.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Participate in NaNoBlogMo. Okay, so this isn’t an official thing… it’s something my friend Angela and I made up as a spin on NaNoWriMo. And the acronym doesn’t even make sense, but it rhymes, and that’s good enough for us! We want to each take the premise of NaNoWriMo (50,000 words in the month of November) and apply it to our blogs. For me, this means blog posts, InDesign course rebrand scripts, and emails. I’m keeping that my only goal, and we’ll see how I feel inspired to take it… after all, that’s a lot of work!
- Train Business Support on JotForms and the website. My big work theme for the rest of 2019 is delegation! We’ve got big plans, but not enough time to make them happen, so I’m working on delegating some of my more frequent tasks to other teams. In November, I want to train the Business Support team (which is part of the Marketing & Communications team) on JotForms and the website and create a process for them to receive those update requests.
Whew! Lots of things I’d like to accomplish this month, even though it’s kind of a short month with the holiday. Let’s see how much I can accomplish!
Leave a Reply