Happy May! I feel like April both dragged and went by in the blink of an eye, but I’m definitely happy to see May. Before we get into the goals for the month, let’s reflect on last month!
Home Goals [0/3]
- Make a plan for outdoor projects. ✘ Failed a second time in a row. Third time’s the charm?
- Continue tidying up the basement. ✘ Okay, I half did this one. I did a bunch of work cleaning up and vacuuming under the stairs, and we got the outdoor furniture outside… but I wanted to get all of the spiderwebs vacuumed and that just didn’t happen.
- Create a recurring chore chart. ✘ We’ve decided we need to rethink this whole thing, so we didn’t really do anything with it.
Personal Goals [2/3]
- Read six books. ✘ I got to four, which is still really good! I’m on track with my Goodreads reading goal, so I consider it a win, even if I didn’t hit 6.
- Get my Stylebook app back up-to-date. ✔ Just finished it up last night! So excited to have everything in there.
- Get to episode 200 on the Happier Podcast. ✔ I’m so glad that I listened to a bunch of Happier this month. Now to keep going with it!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/1]
- Write one blog post per week in addition to Sunday Scratches. ✔ Okay, technically I didn’t accomplish this, because I didn’t write a blog post last week… but I did two each for the two weeks before that, so I’m saying the average of one blog post per week counts.
Career Goals [0/2]
- Create an analytics document for Senior Leadership. ✘ Ugh, once again I didn’t do this. I started, but it was never finished.
- Begin documenting processes in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. ✘ Just…. no.
Okay, so I’ve realized that with everything going on, I get really excited about my goals at the beginning of the month, scramble to finish them at the end of the month, and just kinda forget about them in the middle. To make it easier, I’m limiting myself to one goal per category! If I finish them all, I can set some new ones, but I think slimming down the list will really help me focus on them throughout the whole month, instead of just the beginning and the end.
- Create a plan for our outdoor projects. For real this time! This is how we’re planning to spend our weekend, so I’m feeling confident I’ll cross it off.
- Start Couch to 10k. It’s on my 101 in 1001 list, and now that the weather has warmed up a little bit (and I’ve got new workout clothes that I’m really excited about), I’d like to give it a go. In order to cross this off, I need to run 3x per week for the whole month of May, starting next week. It’s okay if I repeat a day, I just need to get out there and run 3x per week!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Post twice per week, plus Sunday Scratches. I’ve got a lot of ideas for posts, I just need to keep up the motivation! It’s hard when I’m so exhausted after work, so I need to do more on weekends and during lunch breaks. I can do this! 💪🏻
- Create an analytics document for Senior Leadership. This has to be my focus at work this month. We can’t make improvements if we don’t reflect on what we’ve done!
I’m really hoping focusing on one goal per category helps. Wish me luck!
Leave a Reply