Thank god April is over. With the neverending winter and some crazy things going on at home, I’m saying good riddance to April!
With a new month comes new goals! But first, let’s see how I did in April.
- Finish my portfolio website.✔ Finally! I crossed this one off on Sunday, with just one day to spare. I’m really happy with how it turned out, and now that it’s done, I know I’ll be able to update it regularly, even when I’m not applying for a new job.
- Complete our home book. ✘ I didn’t make a ton of progress on this, but I’ve decided I’m okay with that. I’ve been overloading my goals with too many big projects at once, so the portfolio site is the one that won out! (How many months did it take me to realize that I’m doing too much at once?)
- Finish Protector of the Small. ✘ I slowed way down on reading when I realized that this isn’t the book series I loved as a kid. Whoops. It’s a second series set in the same universe about a decade later, which is why it seemed familiar. I’m still going to finish it, but I’m bummed because my library doesn’t carry the original series that I actually read as a kid. We’ll see if I decide to fork out the money for the Kindle editions.
- Go on a hike with Sean and Stanley. ✘ We’ve had some pretty crazy things thrown at us this month, so our weekends were devoted to that, meaning no time for a hike. Hopefully we can do this one soon, though!
AND POSSIBLY DINOSAURS GOALS
- Completely finish the And Possibly Dinosaurs rebrand. ✘ Again, I had too many big projects that I wanted to tackle this month, and this one just didn’t win. I’ll finish it soon, though—I’m so close!
- Post to Instagram Stories every day. ✔ Finally! This one took me 3 attempts, but I’m so glad I did it! I still need some practice, but I think I’m getting the hang of it. Cross this one my 101 in 1001: Take 2 list!
- Begin Sunday Scratches again April 8. ✔ I’m so happy I brought this series back! I stuck with it, even when I took a week off of my regular blog content, and I’m excited to see how it continues to evolve with me.
- Begin creating a new product. ✘ Just like the hike, this one hasn’t been realistic this month. I’m tabling this one for now, until life settles back down and I have the time to really commit to it.
I tied the record I set last week with 3 completed! Maybe I should take the hint and give myself fewer goals per month, eh?
- Finish Protector of the Small. With life being so stressful right now, I want to make sure I’m taking the time for some self-care. And for me, one of the biggest means of self-care is reading. Since these books are such easy reads, I should be able to get through them by the end of May, as long as I’m taking a little bit of time each day (like, at least 10 minutes per day) to read.
AND POSSIBLY DINOSAURS
- Publish 5 blog posts and 3 newsletters. This month is all about maintenance. I’m trying to stay afloat, so I’m being realistic with my goals. My normal goal is to publish a new blog post every Tuesday and Thursday, which would be 10 posts in the month of May. I also try to send out a newsletter every Wednesday, which would be 5 newsletters in May. But since I’m just trying to survive this month, I’m cutting those figures in half.
I’m nervous but excited about all of the changes happening in May, and I can’t wait to share them with you! In an effort to be realistic, I’m sticking to these two goals, and I’m hoping I can cross both off by the end of the month.
What are you hoping to accomplish in May?
Leave a Reply