Happy almost March! A new month means new goals, but first let’s review how I did in February.
Home Goals [2/2]
- Patch paint the porch. ✔ Okay, technically Sean did this, but the important thing is that it’s done!
- Finish hanging up existing art. ✔ Done! I finished it up this week and I’m so happy with it. Now to find more art for other spots in our house!
Personal Goals [1/4]
- Read 5 books. ✘ I read 3 books this month, which is still a lot! I definitely overestimated how much I could read during my work trip. I’m still ahead of my reading goal, so that works for me!
- Cook 4 recipes from my Recipes I Want to Try post. ✔ I loved this! I can definitely see myself remaking all of the recipes I tried, too. I want to keep going with these because I really want to get more comfortable in the kitchen.
- See 3 movies in theatres. ✘ I saw… none. Womp. I’m going to carry this goal over to March because I still want to do it!
- Continue my home workout plan. ✘ I restarted it at the end of the month and I’m really liking it, but I underestimated how much travel would impact my energy.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [2/2]
- Publish 2 blog posts per week, plus Sunday Scratches. ✔ Done! It wasn’t as easy as I expected (that travel really put a wrench in all my plans!) but I’m really happy that I stuck with it this month.
- Redesign my heading typography. ✔ I still don’t love my heading typography, but it’s much better than it was before, so I’m happy with it!
Career Goals [1/2]
- Solidify a process for email marketing creation. ✔ I know there will be some growing pains still (and the new process is a band-aid for a bigger issue) but I think I’ve nailed down a better process!
- Create an analytics document before the Senior Leadership meeting. ✘ The Senior Leadership meeting was actually canceled in February, so I focused on other priorities this month. I’m moving this to March so I can get it done before the March meeting.
Not bad, not great. I technically still have today and tomorrow to finish, but overall I’m ready to begin the new month.
- Make a plan for outdoor projects. Specifically things like our front landscaping, back landscaping, and our garden. I’m pretty new to horticulture, so I want to get a head start in March before it’s too late!
- Organize the pantry. Our pantry is… small. It’s organized okay, but in the week or two after a big Costco trip, it’s basically exploding. We talked about utilizing some of the basement for bulk storage, so I want to tackle that this month.
- Begin to tidy up the basement. This is a big project that we’ve been slowly tackling. At the very least I want to vacuum up a bunch of the spider webs in the ceiling, but it would also be great to get more bins and a label maker to organize the things we have stored down there!
- Create a recurring chore chart. We love having a clean house, but we don’t always remember what actually needs to happen to clean our house. I’d like to create a chore chart with daily / weekly / monthly / annual cleaning tasks that Sean and I can use to balance the cleaning workload!
- Restart my old home workout routine. I’ve accepted that February was a flop, so I’m looking to restart the routine in March.
- Do a level of Ring Fit every day. I want to do this in addition to my at-home fitness routine. I could be repeat a level or do a new one, and I can add on as many mini-games as I want each day, but I want to do at least one level every day!
- Get my Stylebook app back up-to-date. I’ve been using Stylebook for years now and love it, but I’ve gotten out of the habit of adding new clothes if they don’t have nice photos available on the retailer’s website. I’ve started going through all of my clothing to figure out what’s missing, so I want to spend March getting everything I regularly wear into the app!
- See 3 movies in theatres (for real this time). I’ve decided to forgo a book-reading goal in March in order to see more movies in theatres, since I’m actually paying for that membership! I’d like to see 3 this month, even if it means I fall behind on reading. 😱
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Create a system for blog post ideas. I have a lot of blog post ideas while I’m living life, but when it comes time to fill out my editorial calendar, I struggle. I want a system for cataloging these ideas out and about.
- Begin and end each week by reviewing marketing requests. I’ve gotten out of the habit of checking requests that other departments make, so I want to get in the habit of (at the very least) checking them first thing Monday and last thing Friday.
- Create an analytics document before the Senior Leadership meeting. Hopefully the meeting doesn’t get canceled again this month!
- Begin documenting processes in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. I do a lot in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and I need to start documenting how those things happen! If something needs to go out while I’m on vacation or if I get hit by a bus… the organization would definitely struggle. Time to change that!
Good luck with your goals this month!