Another month is upon us, which means it’s time for another round of goal-setting! But before we talk about my March goals, let’s look back at what I accomplished in February.
- Finish my portfolio website. ✘ I made a lot of progress on my site, but I didn’t quite finish it. I found a new theme since the old one was doing a wonky scrolling thing, so that was major progress! Now I have to iron out what work experience to include, writing out all of my accomplishments for each, and deciding which portfolio pieces to include.
- Wedding thank-you cards. ✘ Hmmm, these are super daunting. I got a few done, but not anywhere close to all of them. I’m determined to get them done in March, though!
- Finish the Eragon book series. ✘ I finished the third book, but these are proving to be tougher than anticipated. I think the issue is how much battling there is; it gets overwhelming quickly. I’m more than 30% through the fourth and final book, so I’m hoping to cross this one off within the next week or so.
- Complete the wall squat challenge with Angela. ✘ Unfortunately I can really only handle one daily challenge at a time, and Instagram Stories won out this time (even though I didn’t succeed on that one either). I got through about 6 days and then forgot. I’ll do this another month, though, because I love the idea!
- Outline what information is needed for our home book. ✔ Done! I put this off until this past weekend because I was overwhelmed by it, but then I did a few quick searches and found a spreadsheet template that I utilized! I changed it into a Word Doc (even though I love spreadsheets) so it can easily be printed out, and now the outline itself is done.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Submit taxes. ✔ Done! We ended up doing this the first weekend in February, and I was so glad we did, because it gave us a clear picture of our finances and we got our federal tax refund before Valentine’s Day!
- Post to Instagram Stories every day. ✘ First I forgot on February 4, so I decided I’d do February 4 through March 4, but then I realized I forgot on February 20. So I’ve been doing it sporadically since then, and I’m going to restart this for March!
- Increase Instagram following to 100. ✘ I definitely increased my following, but not quite to 100. Part of my issue is I didn’t actually post to Instagram for the first half of the month. Why would anyone follow me? How would they even find me? I’ve got a new plan to hit the 100 mark in March!
- Fix my 50 mm lens. ✘ I have the feeling this is going to be expensive, and I’m feeling a bit conservative with my business income right now, so I decided to skip this goal for now. Once I launch some products and services later this year, I’ll feel more comfortable biting the bullet on this!
While I wasn’t suuuuuper successful, I still got one major goal done for each category, and that’s still something to celebrate! Onto my goals for March:
- Finish my portfolio website. Now that I’ve got it set up, the information just needs to be filled in, so this should be easier to cross off this month!
- Wedding thank-you cards. I just need to start, then it will be easier. Right?
- Complete half of our home book. Having an outline makes this way less daunting! Now I just need to fill in the blanks and search for the information that’s needed. I’d like to get (at least) half of that done in March.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Completely finish the And Possibly Dinosaurs rebrand. This suuuuper daunting, but now that I’m saying out loud that I’m ready to be done with this rebrand, I’m hoping it will happen! This includes redoing all of my blog post header graphics, changing the colors on all of my fake Leadpages popups, switching over my Resource Library, and republishing about 100 old blog posts. Let’s do this! 💪
- Get my Bloglovin “To Do” Collection down to 200 posts (including whatever I save in March). I have a Bloglovin Collection called To Do where I save blog posts that I’d like to complete at some point. A lot of them are blogging or marketing related, but some are recipes or DIY projects I’m interested in. Earlier this year I realized it grew to almost 400 blog posts, and I don’t regularly go through them to actually complete any of those tasks. Whoops! So, including whatever I save to it this month, I’d like to get that number down to 200. It doesn’t matter if I remove a post because I complete it or because I decide I don’t want to do it any more, it just has to get down to 200.
- Post to Instagram Stories every day. I can tell I’m getting more comfortable with it as I go, so I’d like to continue to challenge myself to post every day this month!
- Increase Instagram following to 100. For real this time!
The biggest thing I learned in February is that I set too many goals for myself. I thought they were small enough that they’d be easy and…. I was wrong. Hopefully by trimming down my lists for March I’ll get more than two crossed off my list!
I really love this post. It is very honest, and I really need to clear out my boards as well, mu problem is on Pinterest where I pin everything to a board and forget about it. We’ve got this!
Caitlin Cheevers says
Oooh Pinterest is tough too! But you’re right, we can get through this! 🙂 Good luck!