I’m so excited for a new month! It was a crazy May (despite having to step back quite a bit from my regular posting schedule on the blog…) but I’m really happy with how I spent all of my time. I’m looking forward to even more good times in June!
Before we get into the month ahead, let’s go over my goals for May.
- Visit two new-to-me breweries on the Give a Craft passport. ✘ I half completed this one! Sean and I visited Presidential Brewing Company this month. We didn’t make it to a second brewery this time around (when life gets crazy you’ve got to stick with your known favorites!), but I’m still happy we were able to make it out to a new place.
- Catch up on my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal. ✘ When I originally set this goal, I didn’t realize it meant I had to read 5 books this month (in addition to visitors and a trip to Chicago and building a bookshelf and and and), so… that was unrealistic. But I made it through 3 novelas, so I’m making progress!
- Do two crafts. ✘ I didn’t do a single one. BUT I blame a lot of this on the weather. My first idea was to spray paint some coasters, but it’s been raining basically every day in Kalamazoo, so I just didn’t have the opportunity.
- Finish the bookshelves. ✔ Done! I’m so happy this is complete. It took us about 3 months from start to finish, and it was a beast of a project. But they look amazing!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Have 75% of the videos for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand recorded and edited. ✘ Not at all. Just like my reading goal, this was overly ambitious. I’m slowing down on this a little bit, because I think I’ve been too overwhelmed with how much I need to complete. It ended up paralyzing me.
- Begin setting up Teachable for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand. ✔ When I started evaluating these goals a few days ago, I realized I really just wanted to *begin* setting up Teachable. I could totally do that in an evening! So I cranked out the beginnings of it this week. I’ve still got to make a full to do list, but I’m feeling better about the whole project.
- Get back to posting 2x per week by the end of the month. ✔ I mean… technically it’s the end of the month and I posted 2 blog posts this week. I say that counts even if I missed most of the rest of the month. Sometimes you have to prioritize life over your side hustle, and that’s totally okay!
- Send a survey to members about our website and begin a plan for the new website organization. ✔ Done! The survey is currently out in the wild, and closes on Sunday. I’m excited (and nervous!) to see what members say.
- Create a plan for expanding the Daisy Welcome Series and adapting the emails in the existing series. ✔ Done! I had a meeting with the team about it, and now I know what to do to make the series even better next year.
Woo! A good month for work (which is always a priority!) and we got the bookshelves done. The rest were set aside, but overall I’d say this was a successful month.
- Read A World of Ice & Fire and Fire & Blood. I don’t expect myself to get fully caught up on my reading goal yet, especially because the two books I want to read next are… daunting. But I’d like to finish them both this month so I can start reading books by authors other than George R. R. Martin. 😜
And… yes, that’s my only personal goal this month. I’m trying out having just the one goal in a category. We’ll see how it goes!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Have 25% of the videos for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand recorded and edited. If I make it smaller, maybe I’ll be more likely to get it done?
- Continue setting up Teachable for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand. I don’t want to put a limit on how much I get done. Even if I just sit down for one evening and crank out some more content (or even just the to do list!), I’ll be happy!
- Begin a plan for the new website organization. I have the feeling it will take some adjustments (reorganizing the website is a big task!) but I want to begin my plan in June.
- Update the Daisy Welcome Series for next membership year. Even if I don’t start on the other age levels, I want to crank out the edits I have planned for the existing emails.
Just five goals for the month! It sounds like a lot when you combine them all, but I’m feeling optimistic that I can get them all cranked out this month. Yay for being realistic but optimistic!