Happy July! Even though it’s totally still March in my head (#pandemicbrain) I’m really happy that summer is here. I’ve got so many plans for what I want to accomplish, even if I can’t do them with other people!
But I’m getting ahead of myself. First, let’s look back on June.
Home Goals [2/3]
- Complete 5 items from our new home projects list. ✔ We actually rocked this, completing twelve of the items on our list! At first I was nervous they would be too big but we made it work! Here’s what we did: Potted Plants for Front Steps, Hanging Planters for Front Door, Front Landscaping, Bird Feeder for Front Landscaping, Move Mattress to Guest Room, Finish Master Bedroom Sconces, Tall Plants & Planters for Living Room, Replace Living Room Window Screen, Hanging Plants for Sunroom, Tall Plant & Planter for Sunroom, Organize Firewood, Replace Downstairs Bathroom Toilet Seat (are you exhausted yet?)
- Finish up the front landscaping and plant a garden. ✔✘ Okay, I phrased this as one, but it’s two, which is why I’m saying I had 3 home goals this month. And I completed one, the front landscaping, and gave up on the other, the garden. It was a difficult choice but one I feel very confident with; we just don’t have the mental space to garden this summer. But we’re so happy with how the front of our house looks now!
Personal Goals [1/2]
- Complete more 101 in 1001 items than Zoie Richey. ✘ Zoie won this time! She completed 5 items from her list. I completed 3, which I’m still super proud of!
- Continue Couch to 10K. ✔ It’s getting more and more difficult because of the heat and humidity, but I’m keeping up with it! I’m technically behind a day, because I gave up one day when it was 94 degrees out, but I still ran 3x per week, which was the overall goal.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [2/2]
- Go through my Misc. Ideals tag. ✔ This was a nice and easy task to cross off right at the beginning of the month! And it felt like such a relief to have cleaned out.
- Write one blog post per week, plus Sunday Scratches. ✔ I thought about making this goal more than one, and I’m so glad I didn’t, because it turns out one per week (plus Sunday Scratches) was my capacity in June.
Not bad! Despite being a stressful month, I’m really proud of how much I accomplished.
- Make a plan for reupholstering my grandma’s chair. I got an amazing chair from my grandma’s house, but some of the springs in the seat are broken and the upholstery is… not great. I imagine I will still have some difficulty getting it reupholstered with the shutdowns (likely) coming back into effect, but I’d like to figure out what needs to happen with it, where I could take it, and what their process is.
- Sell 5 things on Facebook Marketplace. We have a lot of things to get rid of, and our neighborhood yard sale was (obviously) canceled, so I’m trying to get things safely sold on Facebook Marketplace instead!
- Take the front landscaping to the next level. Okay, I definitely finished the front landscaping, and I’m so happy with it. It’s way better than it was last summer and earlier this spring. But Sean really wants more ground cover plants like hostas between the bushes, so I want to try to make that happen in July!
- Continue Couch to 10k. I have the feeling if I stopped requiring myself to report on this, I’d slack off, so I’m going to keep this as a goal until it’s done! Three runs per week, even if I have to repeat a day.
- Get a 4-star rating on my Animal Crossing island. I need a fun one! I’ve been loving Animal Crossing, and I really want to upgrade my island from 3 stars to 4 stars. (If you get it, you get it.)
- Get to episode 250 in Happier with Gretchen Rubin. I’ve been doing really well with catching up on podcasts, so I’m hoping to do a big push with one! I’m currently on episode 229, so it’s definitely doable, but something I’ll need to really focus on.
- Read 5 books. I’m behind on my reading goal, so I need to really sprint this month to catch back up!
- Go on a nature walk every week. Sean and I found a nice nature walk (I’m not sure you could quite call it a hiking trail…) really close to our house, and I’d like to go there once per week! Ideally it will be the same day every week (I’m a big fan of routine) but it doesn’t have to be.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write 2 blog posts per week, plus Sunday Scratches. Let’s see if I can increase it this month!
- Write a review post with affiliate links. It’s on my 101 in 1001 list to write 5 review posts with affiliate links, and I’m currently at 4, so I’d like to cross it off!
Whew, lots to do this month for all of these parts of my life and at work. Wish me luck!