Happy July! June flew by thanks to lots of travel and projects, and I expect July to be much of the same. Before we get into my goals for the month, let’s recap what I accomplished (and didn’t!) in June.
- Read The World of Ice & Fire and Fire & Blood. ✘ I got half of this done! And just barely. I finished The World of Ice and Fire before bed on the 30th. I just started Fire & Blood, and I’m hoping it will be easier for me to read through because it’s a little less like a history text book. TWOIAF was really interesting, but it was so dense!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Have 25% of the videos for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand recorded and edited. ✘ Nope! I edited two or three videos, which is definitely progress, but then some other personal projects took priority.
- Continue setting up Teachable for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand. ✔ Done! I have a to do list set up and started working on it. Not a ton of progress, but progress nonetheless!
- Begin a plan for the new website organization. ✔ I made so much progress on this! I’ve got a plan for the website, and I’ve presented it to a bunch of different groups of people and got a ton of helpful feedback on it. The goal is to have it all set up on or around July 15!
- Update the Daisy Welcome Series for next membership year. ✘ I got this half done. I started working on it, and then the website took priority. But I have everything in place to finish this up in the next week or so.
Not terrible, but not great either. Here’s what I’ve got planned for July!
- Fix my giraffe mask. I got two awesome masks when I went to Uganda back in 2012: one of a zebra and one of a giraffe. Unfortunately, a few years ago the giraffe mask fell off of a shelf and one ear broke off. I still have all of the parts, I just need to glue it back together. I’d like to finally do that this month!
- Read Fire & Blood and at least start Happier at Home. As much as I love George R. R. Martin’s works, I’d like to be done with them now, please. I’ve got both Fire & Blood and Gretchen Rubin’s Happier at Home checked out from the library, and they’re due July 22, so I’d like to read both of them by then so I don’t incur any late fees. If I can’t, I’m feeling pretty strongly that I’ll be able to renew Happier at Home, so I probably have more time on that one.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Finish writing the scripts for all of the InDesign videos. I’m going to break this up into different groups and see if that helps! First: writing the scripts. That’s the first task I should have done. They will make recording the videos easier!
- Record & edit the videos for Project 1. Fingers crossed I still get this project relaunched by the end of summer!
- Launch the newly organized website. If I can get everything ready to roll by July 15, I’ll get this done this month! If not, I’ll have to wait until August because of a vacation I have planned at the end of July. I don’t want to reorganize the website and then peace out for a week!
- Launch all of the age-level welcome emails. I’m making a bunch of progress this week, so I’d like to get the automations read to set up by August 1.
Two each should be doable, right? Wish me luck!
Leave a Reply