Happy July! As crazy as it was, June flew by, so I’m glad I was realistic with my goals last month. Here’s a recap of what I accomplished!
- Move into our house! ✔ I’ve heard stories of people who are beginning to pack or a move, only to discover there are still boxes in the basement they never unpacked from their previous move. I don’t want to fall into that trap! Even though I knew there wouldn’t be a place for everything right away, I wanted to get all of the boxes unpacked so nothing was hidden away. And on June 30, I unpacked my last boxes of books! We did most of the unpacking right away, but since we have no clear spots for bookshelves, I waited on the 5 boxes full of books, but in the end I’m glad I got them all unpacked. Whew! That was a lot of work.
- Finish 1 book. ✔ I also wanted to remember to take breaks for myself. Luckily, since I get to work from home every day, my normal 30-minute morning commute has turned into reading time. Because of this, I ended up finishing the book I started in May, starting and finishing two more, and then starting another one! You can follow my progress over on Goodreads—send me a friend request!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write 6 blog posts and 2 newsletters. ✔ I juuuuuuust barely squeaked this one in. I didn’t write anything in the beginning of June because of the move and my trip to Chicago, so I had to publish 4 posts last week instead of my usual 3 to hit my goal, but I did it! Thanks to that last push, I’m feeling motivated to get back into my blogging game.
That’s two months in a row when I accomplished all of my goals! Once again, I was realistic with what time and energy I would have this month. Now let’s see if I can completely ruin that streak by being overly ambitious in July!
- Clean out my Kindle of books I’ll never read. This is on my 101 in 1001: Take 2 list. I used to subscribe to BookBub and get all of the free Kindle ebooks available, which ended up being way too many. And since mine and Sean’s Amazon Prime accounts are connected, he’s pretty annoyed about all of the random trashy books that show up in his library. So I’m hoping to crank this out this month (though I honestly don’t know how long it will take, so this might have to stretch into August, too) to cut the clutter in our account.
- Begin Couch to 10k and run 3x per week. This is also on 101 in 1001: Take 2! Now that we’re back in the north, the idea of running in the summer isn’t nearly as terrible as it was when we were in Kentucky. And since I’ve already started the habit of walking Stanley every morning, I want to turn M/W/F morning walks into M/W/F morning runs with him, and keep the other four days of the week as walks. I haven’t run for a while, so I’m going to do Couch to 10k to see how it goes!
- Listen to 50 episodes of the Happier Podcast. The stretch goal! A few months back, I started listening to the Happier podcast by sisters Gretchen Rubin and Elizabeth Craft, and I loved it. In fact, my boss is now listening to it, and we’re talking about ways to incorporate what we learn into our work. Once I listened to a few episodes, I decided to go all the way back to the beginning and listen to it chronologically. I just finished episode 50, but they just came out with episode 175 last week, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I’m curious if I can listen to 50 episodes (they’re about 45 minutes each) in the month of July. I used to listen to it on my commute, but now I don’t have one, so this will force me to be creative with my podcast listening time!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Stick to my regular posting schedule of 3 blog posts and 1 newsletter per week. Now that we’re moved into the house, I want to stop giving myself excuses to publish less content. I’m going to really try to stick to my regular posting schedule! But I’m still giving myself a little leeway, since I’m not saying which days of the week the blog posts or newsletters have to be published.
- Post to Instagram 5 times per week. I’ve also fallen off the Instagram wagon, which is a bummer because it’s my favorite platform! To get back into it, I want to publish 5 times per week. Right now I’m not constricting that to feed posts vs. Stories, but I have the feeling most will be in my feed since that’s what I’m most confident with.
- Completely finish the And Possibly Dinosaurs rebrand. And finally, the thing that’s been on my goals list for the longest time… I’m going to finish the And Possibly Dinosaurs rebrand! I only have about 20 more posts to republish, and then I need to tackle my social media profiles and I’ll be done. I just need to do it!
Jumping from 3 goals to 6 might be waaaaaay too ambitious, but I’m trying to push myself to cross off some things I’ve been meaning to accomplish. Wish me luck!