Happy last day of January! I swear, every year January feels like the longest month ever. Which worked out well for my goals because it felt like I had forever to accomplish them!
Before we get into February’s goals, let’s look back at January’s.
Home Goals [2/2]
- Build out a shopping list for 2020. ✔ Done! I had a lot of this done already, but I put in a bunch of sizes and expanded the list as much as I could with the current state of the house.
- Organize the bathroom. ✔ I’m so glad this is done! We got a shelf from IKEA for one corner of the bathroom, and then put a rolling cart in the closet. There’s a full post coming with more details, so stay tuned!
Personal Goals [2/2]
- Read 4 books. ✔ I actually read 7! 😱 Really great month for reading, too—I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve read! You can check out the list on Goodreads, plus I’ve got a full post coming next week.
- Do the 200 Squats Challenge every week. ✔ So, technically I need to finish this today, but I did 200 squats on Monday, so I’m counting it! Plus, I have every intention of doing the final day today.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/1]
- Write a product review with affiliate links. ✔ I originally expected this to be a blog post about a single product, but then realized the post about My Favorite Home Organization Purchases totally counts! I need to broaden my scope about this item.
Career Goals [1/1]
- Publish Volunteer Essentials on the website. ✔ Done! It’s so nice to have this completed. I love creating resources that make volunteers’ lives easier, so I’m happy all of this information is now easily accessible.
I can’t believe I actually crossed all of them off. So exciting!
Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish in the upcoming month:
- Patch paint the porch. We have a couple spots we need to touch up on the porch, and I keep putting it off. I’d like to cross that off my to do list in February!
- Finish hanging up existing art. Sean told me I’m not allowed to buy any new art until I hang up the stuff we already have, which is… 100% fair. I’d like to get that done early this month!
- Read 5 books. This might be pretty audacious since I’ll be traveling for the first week of the month and it’s a shorter month, but I’m going to try it! I’ve loved how much I’ve been reading lately, plus I have a bunch of books I’ve borrowed from the library that I want to get through.
- Cook 4 recipes from my Recipes I Want to Try post. I have a really great habit of posting things I want to make / try / read, and then… never doing those things. I’m sharing a post soon (written in advance because of my upcoming work travel) with 11 recipes I want to try, and I’d love to crank out 4 of them this month!
- See 3 movies in theatres. I’ve realized lately that my
wordphrase of the year should have been Content Consumption. 😂 With Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, HBO, AMC Stubs A-List, and a library card, I’ve got access to just about any content I could ever want. Now I just need to utilize it. This month I want to see 3 movies in theatres so I’m really using one of the services I’m paying for!
- Continue my home workout plan. I’m letting myself off the hook during work travel if I need it, but outside of that trip, I want to stick with my current home workout plan. Right now I do my 200 squats challenge Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (which I’ll restart in February with the addition of a resistance band!), yoga Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, and 7-Minute Workout Saturday. It’s working so far, but I want to make sure it’s a sustainable plan!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Publish 2 blog posts per week, plus Sunday Scratches. I’ve really enjoyed this new schedule (and new content!), so I’d like to continue it into February. Having some blog posts pre-written for when I’m out of town will help a lot.
- Redesign my heading typography. This is a random one, but I’ve decided I’m not in love with my heading typography on the blog any more, so I want to play around with it and redesign it this month.
- Solidify a process for email marketing creation. We’ve had some roadblocks with email marketing lately, and I have some ideas on how to solve it. This month I want to really solidify that process so hiccups are less frequent and easier to prevent.
- Create an analytics document before the Senior Leadership meeting. Our department has been struggling with analytics lately, and we’re trying to re-prioritize it. I’d like to get some sort of analytics document ready for the Senior Leadership team by their February meeting, even if it isn’t all-encompassing. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to start!
I set a lot of goals for February, so fingers crossed I get at least most of them done! Wish me luck!