Thank god it’s almost February! January has felt like it has lasted ages so I’m excited for the shortest month of the year. And it’s my birthday month to boot!
Before we get into my goals for the month, let’s recap my January goals. I didn’t actually post about these on the blog because I was still on hiatus, but I did set them!
Personal Goals [1/6]
- Create a home book. ✔ This feels like such a weight lifted. It’s been bothering me for about a year, and I finally crossed it off this month! If you want to make your own, I wrote a post about it earlier this week.
- Make a plan for the office bookshelves. ✘ Not quite! I’ve gone through a bunch of inspiration and figured out what makes the most sense for us, but I still need to finalize measurements and all of that not-so-fun stuff.
- Movie the couch out of the office. ✘ This was a little too ambitious. We’re not quite ready to paint and build the bookshelves, so I don’t want to move the couch out quite yet so there’s not a weird open space in the office.
- Exercise 3x per week. ✘ Hmm, nope. I literally didn’t exercise once. I like to think that part of it was because I bruised my tailbone when I fell down the stairs, so I physically couldn’t exercise, but if we’re being honest, I wouldn’t have exercised even if I didn’t get hurt.
- Hit my step goal 50% of the time. ✘ With it being so cold, there was no way I was going to go outside, and I wasn’t very good about walking around the house to hit that step goal. I also didn’t wear my fitness tracker nearly enough in order to see how many steps I actually got in a day.
- Make 2 different cocktail recipes. ✘ I half accomplished this! I made one new cocktail recipe, tequila sunrise. The setback here was entirely budget related—we ran out of grocery money by the end of the month so I couldn’t get supplies for a second cocktail.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [2/2]
- Publish 1 newsletter and 3 blog posts per week. ✔ I cheated on this one a bit, because I decided I needed to ease back into newsletters. Instead of writing a separate newsletter each week, I set up an RSS feed that automatically emailed my list the week’s blog posts. But I still got it done and wrote 3 blog posts per week!
- Brainstorm blog monetization ideas. ✔ Done! I’ve got a ton of ideas in my back pocket now, but I’m also keeping in mind that this is a hobby, and making money isn’t my first priority.
Career Goals [3/3]
- Launch the camp website. ✔ Done! I’m so excited about this one. I worked on it basically non-stop for 2 months and launched it in time for camp registration to open this month.
- Finish the Cookies Toolkit. ✔ I came back to edit this after the post was originally published, because I finished it today! I’ll add to it if we create more assets before the Cookie Program finishes at the end of March, but for now there are plenty of resources for volunteers / parents / girls to use all season long.
- Complete the December Digital Marketing Analytics. ✔ Done! I didn’t finish it until two days ago, but it’s still done, so I consider that good enough! In the future I need to either make this a higher priority earlier in the month or simplify it.
It seems like I had a classic case of too-inspired-by-the-new-year-so-I-set-way-more-goals-than-was-realistic. Whoops! Here’s hoping for a more productive (and realistic!) February.
- Reorganize and consolidate my photo files. This is on my 101 in 1001 list, and I’m excited to cross it off! I’ve got a ton of photos all over the place thanks to various backups from multiple computers, so I need to figure out a way to organize them, and then put all of them in one place.
- Read A Storm of Swords. A fun one! I’m currently rereading A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones), and if I want to hit my goal of finishing all 5 books before the final season comes out in April, I’ve got work to do! I just started the third book (out of five), so I need to crank the entire 1,000+ page book this month.
- Paint the office. The next step (after finishing up the plan for the bookshelves) for the office is to repaint it. It currently has 4 blue walls and 2 off-white walls (it’s a bit of a weird shape), and we want to paint them all grey to match the rest of the house. We’ve got the paint, so I just need to take things off the walls, move the couch and the desk into the spare bedroom, and then actually do the painting.
- Make fire starters. My lint collection is much bigger than the container I have allocated for it, so it’s time to turn my old toilet paper rolls, lint, and wax into some fire starters! That way we’ll be prepared once spring and summer finally roll around (if they ever do…)
- Catch up on the Unladylike podcast. As I’ve said before, I love podcasts, but I fall too far behind on them because I feel the need to go back to the very beginning and listen all the way through. I also don’t have a long commute any more, so my designated “podcast time” has disappeared. This month I’d like to catch up on Unladylike, which is one of my favorites.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Complete 4 courses from CoSchedule Academy Pro. Last May, I was given a one-year access pass to CoSchedule Academy Pro, which is normally $250/year. Unfortunately, I’ve barely utilized it. I’ve got 8 classes left until May 1, so I want to crank out half of those this month. That’s one class per week, which I think is totally doable while still retaining the information.
- End the month 1 week ahead of blog post writing. It’s on my 101 in 1001 list to get 1 week ahead of blog post writing for an entire month (excluding more time-specific posts like Sunday Scratches and goals), so I’m going to spend February getting ahead of writing, with the hopes that in March I can continue the trend and cross that item off my list.
- Finish the Daisy Welcome Series. I’m working on a six-month automation for parents and caregivers of kindergartners and first graders (Daisies) who are brand new to Girl Scouts. I’ve got two more emails to put together, and I’d like to wrap them up this month!
- Begin the Early Bird Social Media Toolkit. I can’t believe I’m already planning Early Bird materials! To get ahead, I’d like to outline and begin creating content for the Early Bird Social Media Toolkit, which our volunteers will use to promote Early Bird renewal on their social media channels.
- Clean up the images folder on the website. Currently the images folder on the organization’s website is one giant mess of every single image we’ve uploaded since 2015. This month, I’d like to set up a folder structure and sort all of the images.
Okay, so maybe I didn’t do a great job with being more realistic this month. There are a lot of goals listed here! Fingers crossed I can cross at least most of them off. Wish me luck!