Thank god March is over, amirite? Not that April will be any better but yeesh, March took forever.
Before we get into my goals for this month, let’s recap my goals for March. (Spoiler: they didn’t go well.)
Home Goals [1/4]
- Make a plan for outdoor projects. ✘ I got too anxious thinking about how I would buy plants or seeds that I didn’t look up what I even would need. I’m not going to let my anxiety stop me this month!
- Organize the pantry. ✔ Yes! This was my first big quarantine project, and it was so nice to get done.
- Begin to tidy up the basement. ✘ Technically I did start to tidy it up! But the biggest thing I wanted to get done was vacuuming up a bunch of the spiderwebs, and that didn’t happen.
- Create a recurring chore chart. ✘ I’ve gotten it started! But it’s probably only about half done so far.
Personal Goals [0/4]
- Restart my old home workout routine. ✘ I did, but then the world fell apart and I lost my motivation to work out. Plus, work days got longer at the beginning of the pandemic, so I ran out of energy quite a few of the days in the middle of the month.
- Do a level of Ring Fit every day. ✘ No, but I did keep it up! I didn’t just stop and never pick it back up. I’m hoping to restart in April.
- Get my Stylebook app back up-to-date. ✘ Ugh I’m so close! I had a list of things I needed to add, and I got all of those added. The final step is to go through three final areas of my house and check that everything there is in Stylebook, and if not, to add it in.
- See 3 movies in theatres (for real this time). ✘ Lololol this literally wasn’t possible. I suppose technically it was, but I didn’t see any in the first week and a half of the month, and then I wasn’t allowed to, soooooo.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/1]
- Create a system for blog post ideas. ✔ A goal I actually completed! I put together a Note on my phone with all of my categories so I can throw ideas into a checklist by topic. It’s going to be so nice because I’ll always have it with me!
Career Goals [0/3]
- Begin and end each week by reviewing marketing requests. ✘ At a certain point, marketing requests became irrelevant because I was in crisis communication mode every day.
- Create an analytics document before the Senior Leadership meeting. ✘ Yeah… see above.
- Begin documenting processes in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. ✘ Same.
Okay, not a great month for my goals, but I’m going to let that go because it’s not entirely my fault. 😂
- Make a plan for outdoor projects. For real this time!
- Continue tidying up the basement. This has to include vacuuming up the spiderwebs. I’d also like to get the outdoor furniture outside, which will free up a bunch of space. Other than that, we’ll see where the month takes me!
- Create a recurring chore chart. Time to finish this up!
- Read six books. Leaning into being stuck at home! I currently have six books checked out from the library, and I’d like to finish them all up this month so I can start with a clean slate in May. But I’m also giving myself the ability to set a book aside if I don’t like it, which is why I’m saying the number of books instead of the books themselves!
- Get my Stylebook app back up-to-date. I’m so close to being done! I’d like to finish it up this month.
- Get to episode 200 on the Happier Podcast. I love Happier but I’ve gotten out of the habit of listening to it. I started at the very beginning and am listening chronologically, and I’m currently at episode 182. I’d like to get up to episode 200 by May. For reference, the episode coming out today is number 267, so I’ll still have a ways to go!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write one blog post per week in addition to Sunday Scratches. I basically took March off, unofficially, and I’d like to get back into blogging again. One post per week seems reasonable!
- Create an analytics document for Senior Leadership. Yeah, I’m basically just repeating March’s goals now. I’m taking out the meeting deadline because they’ve converted to weekly meetings. Now I have the entire month to get something put together with Maytal.
- Begin documenting processes in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. See above.
Here’s hoping April will be better for my goal-setting than March was!