Happy April! It’s starting to warm up in Kalamazoo and I’m here for it.
Before we get into my goals for April, let’s see how my March goals went!
Personal Goals [2/3]
- Go through and organize all of the photos on my first hard drive. ✘ I decided to focus on reading instead of photo organization this month, so I didn’t actually do anything with that first hard drive in March.
- Finish A Storm of Swords and read half of A Feast for Crows. ✔ Done! I’ve started to panic about how quickly the final season is coming up, so I’ve started reading a ton. I actually finished A Feast for Crows this month, too!
- Catch up on Unladylike. ✔ Done! This made me so happy. I love this podcast and I’m glad that I’m finally caught up! Now I can keep a handle on it by listening to one new episode per week.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [3/4]
- Write evergreen posts 1 week ahead of time all month. ✔ Done! So excited about this one. It helped me feel on top of things, and I got to cross it off my 101 in 1001 list!
- Create 25% of the videos for the new InDesign Adventure Guide.✘ Haven’t actually recorded a single one outside of the intro I did in February. Womp. I’ve got some time to myself in the evenings this week, so I’m hoping to do some soon! I just have to get past my nerves and I’ll be good.
- Update the How to Send Content Upgrades in MailChimp blog post. ✔ Done! Really glad to have this done, because it’s a helpful resource for a lot of people.
- Complete 3 courses in CoSchedule Academy Pro. ✔ Done! I actually finished all of them. I haven’t been finding these as helpful as I expected, which is disappointing, but that’s because of the stage I’m at with my blog.
Career Goals [2/3]
- Finish the Early Bird Social Media Toolkit. ✘ I didn’t do anything with this yet… but luckily Early Bird doesn’t start until May 1 so I have more time than I originally thought!
- Convert 25% of Classic emails into Content Builder emails. ✔ Done! Need to keep on going with the rest of them this month.
- Clean up 50% of the images folder on the website. ✔ Done! This is one of those tasks that I cranked out as soon as I got it done. I got half of them sorted (or deleted, if we’re honest) in one afternoon, and actually finished all of the organization this month!
Not too bad! I’m feeling good about the goals I accomplished. I completely ignored some, but that’s okay!
Onto the April goals.
- Finish A Song of Ice and Fire. I’ve been reading a bunch and loving it, so I want to keep the momentum going! I’d love to crank out the last book before the final season starts on April 14, but I’d really accept any time in April.
- Build the bookshelf in the office. We’ve got the wood purchased, the plan drafted, and almost all of the boards cut, so now it’s a matter of painting and assembling!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Create 50% of the videos for the InDesign Adventure Guide rebrand. I can do this!
- Convert my Parallax Gravity Lite landing pages to regular pages. I use a plugin for landing pages, but my theme now allows for landing pages using regular pages, so I’d like to convert these and uninstall the plugin.
- Migrate another 25% of emails to Content Builder. It’s a good end-of-the-day task, so as long as I break it up into a few days’ worth of work, I should be able to do this!
- Finish the Early Bird Toolkit. For real this time!
I’m hoping that just two per category is realistic and allows for some flexibility. Wish me luck!