Happy September! I’m so ready for a new month. But before we get to that, let’s see how I did in August.
Home Goals [0/3]
- Make a plan for reupholstering my grandma’s chair. ✘ I called one place and figured out what I need to do to get a quote, but I stopped at that. I’m putting this on my next 101 in 1001 list, because I know it’s going to take a bit to save up for it anyway. (Does that count as a plan?)
- List 5 things on Facebook Marketplace. ✘ I got so close with 4 out of 5! And unlike July, I actually *sold* things. I still have a few things to list in September, and one of the things I listed hasn’t sold yet, but I’m still feeling good about it!
- Tidy the laundry room. ✘ I made a bunch of progress but there’s still more to do. Going to continue this one into September.
Personal Goals [5/10]
- Reorganize and consolidate my photo files. ✘ I… didn’t even touch my photo files this month. I think this is a better activity for winter, so I’m going to hold off until then (even though it means I won’t get to cross it off my 101 in 1001).
- Get 13 items down to $1 CPW in Stylebook. ✔ I actually got 14 down to $1 CPW which is really exciting!
- Use my Passion Planner Daily every day. ✔ This made me really happy! Technically I didn’t use it this past Saturday and Sunday, which means I used it 29/31 days, but I gave myself some grace and decided at the beginning that 25/31 would count. And I still did better than that!
- Go on 3 nature walks or hikes. ✘ We only went on two, but that’s still way better than nothing!
- Read 6 books. ✘ I read pretty much all day this past Sunday (I finished two books in a single day!) which helped push me closer, but I still wasn’t quite there. I ended up finishing 5 total, but that got me back on track with my 52 books this year.
- Continue Couch to 10K. ✘ I’ve decided to let go of Couch to 10k. I didn’t enjoy it as much as I wanted to, and I’ve realized that running 10k isn’t very important to me. Instead I’m going to work to run 5k without stopping, so I’ll shift back to Couch to 5k and prioritize distance instead of time.
- Use up 3 notepads. ✔ Yes! I have a bunch of old APD-branded notepads from when I thought I wanted to run an Etsy shop, and I really want to try to use them up. This was a really great exercise, because I thought 3 notepads in a month would be a stretch, but it wasn’t too hard. This helped me realize how quickly I can use these up, which means I can declutter them faster if I put my mind to it.
- Catch up to episode 250 of Happier. ✔ I ended up getting a bit behind on the other podcasts I’m listening to but I got to 250 in Happier! I’m really enjoying using my cleaning time for podcasts. Now I just need some wireless earbuds for days when I don’t have pockets to hold my phone…
- Make a mask. ✘ Ugh, no. But I’m keeping this on my list for September because it’s really important to me.
- Watch Clueless. ✔ This was the first of my August goals that I crossed off my list! It was nice to have a fun, easy goal to complete early in the month.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [1/2]
- Write 2 blog posts per week, plus Sunday Scratches. ✔ I had a lot of fun with my content this month, so I’m going to carry this over into September, too!
- Get ahead on blog posts. ✘ Not quite. But I still think this is a good idea so I’m going to continue working on it!
Career Goals [2/2]
- Create a campaign template spreadsheet. ✔ It’s a bit of an overwhelming spreadsheet, but it’s already been so helpful!
- Make a plan for reorganizing the Forms and Documents page on our website. ✔ Yes! I’ve enlisted the help of some of my coworkers to delete old website documents, find the most up-to-date versions if anything is out of date, and add anything that may be missing. So far they’re killing it! They requested through the month of September to clean everything up, so I’m off the hook until we need to start working on the Forms and Documents webpage itself in October.
There’s a lot I didn’t get done, but I was very ambitious when I wrote these, and I still got so much done! I’m really proud of my progress in August.
Now onto September!
- Find art for the entryway. We’ve got a big blank wall in our entryway, and we’re so close to finishing up that room. Ideally I’d find a framed piece of art, order it, and hang it up by the end of the month, but at the very least I’d like to decide on what artwork we’re going to put there.
- Finish tidying up the laundry room. There’s a big pile of boxes and gift wrap in one corner that I want to simplify, plus some other things around the room that I can probably toss.
- List two things for sale on Facebook Marketplace. After that I really should be good until it’s safe to have a yard sale again!
- Read 6 books. I didn’t quite get this done in August, which means I’m just barely on track with my goal! If I read 6 books in September I’ll be much more comfortable.
- Listen to Dolly Parton’s America. I’ve wanted to listen to this podcast for a long time. (It’s a spin-off of Radiolab, which I highly recommend!) It’s only 10 episodes, so I should be able to zip through it this month.
- Catch up to episode 275 of Happier. I’d like to keep going because I’m so close to present-day episodes!
- Get Stylebook down to 150 items with a cost per wear greater than $1. This is an extension of my $1 CPW item from August. Right now I’ve got 159 items with a CPW greater than $1, and I’d like to get that down to 150. Instead of saying get 9 items down to $1 CPW, I want to take into account any other items I may purchase this month; the more I buy, the more I need to get down to $1 CPW!
- Make a mask. I found a template, so hopefully I can take baby steps and cross this one off piece by piece in September.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Finalize my next 101 in 1001 list. It’s hard to believe we’re nearing the end of 101 in 1001: Take 2! The new one launches in early October, so I want to get that ready and set up on my blog by the end of this month.
- Write 2 blog posts per week, plus Sunday Scratches. I’ve enjoyed pushing myself to write more content, and I’m feeling like I’m hitting my grove. Let’s keep it going in September!
- Get ahead on blog posts. Just like before, I’d like to give myself a little bit more breathing room so blogging doesn’t become a chore. By the end of September I’d like to write the blog posts for the week during the weekend beforehand.
- Update the content in our email automations. We’ve got a lot of email automations running, and it’s time to look through those to make sure the content is still relevant!
- Create a blog editorial calendar. The blog at work has fallen a bit by the wayside, so this month I want to set up more of an editorial calendar and make it a priority again.
- Build and launch a Discovery Tour webpage. I want to make a webpage that walks new parents through all of the opportunities available for them in Girl Scouts. Since it’s back-to-school time, it’s important that I work on it sooner rather than later!
I definitely haven’t toned down the ambition in September. Let’s see if I can get all 14 done!