Now seems like a really weird time to be talking about personal goals. But goal setting is self-care for me, and I can’t be a good ally if my mental health is in shambles. </privilege>
Home Goals [1/1]
- Create a plan for our outdoor projects. ✔ Yes! Finally! I have a plan for our garden laid out, and we actually started ripping out things in our front landscaping, which you can see in the photo above!
Personal Goals [1/1]
- Start Couch to 10k. ✔ I’m so proud of myself for this! The last two weeks of May were a bit rough, so by Thursday I had only run once, but I made up for it with a run both Friday and Saturday each week. It wasn’t easy, but I stuck with it!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [0/1]
- Post twice per week, plus Sunday Scratches. ✘ I wish I would have posted more, but at the same time I understand why I didn’t.
Career Goals [0/1]
- Create an analytics document for Senior Leadership. ✘ I’ve actually decided to remove my career goals from this post. I keep not meeting them, but it’s because other, more important goals come up, which is fine!
Alright, now for the month ahead.
- Complete 5 items from our new home projects list. Sean and I started a giant spreadsheet of home projects / tasks last week. It was such anxiety relief to get it out of our heads and into a spreadsheet… but then we saw that we had more than 200 things we wanted to do. We’re a bit limited with budget and our ability to have people come out to work, but I want to have some forward movement so we don’t forget about the list. I think 5 would be a really positive, doable place to begin.
- Finish up the front landscaping and plant a garden. This is definitely part of the first goal, but I wanted to call it out specifically. As I mentioned above, I have a plan for the garden, and we’ve ripped a bunch of stuff out of our front landscaping, so I’d love to get that finished up this month. Especially since planting a garden is so time-sensitive.
- Complete more 101 in 1001 items than Zoie Richey. This is a really fun and new thing for me! I saw that Zoie also has a 101 in 1001 list and she wants to collaborate with another blogger for part of her list. I reached out to see what we could come up with, and we decided to see who can complete the most 101 in 1001 items in a month! Wish me luck…
- Continue Couch to 10K. Once again, cool if I have to repeat a day or two, but I need to run 3x per week.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Go through my Misc. Ideals tag. I have a tag within WordPress that holds random ideas I’ve had throughout the years. I’ve changed niches enough times that a bunch of those are probably obsolete, so I’d like to go through the whole list of 105 ideas and remove that are no longer relevant so I can actually add the good ideas to my editorial calendar.
- Write one blog post per week, plus Sunday Scratches. I stuck with that this month, so let’s continue that into June!
Keeping everyone in my thoughts as we move into a new month. ♥️