It may not feel like it outside, but April is upon us! A new month means it’s time for another round of goal-setting. But before we talk about my April goals, let’s look back at what I accomplished in March.
- Finish my portfolio website. ✘ I got close on this one! I have everything but the work examples uploaded. I know what work examples I’m going to include, I just need to upload them!
- Wedding thank-you cards. ✔ This one is yes and no. When we received all of our gifts, we divided up the list of thank-you cards: ones I’m writing and ones Sean is writing. I’m done with mine, which is what I can control! And I believe Sean only has a few more left.
- Complete half of our home book. ✘ I’d say I got closer to about 1/3 instead of 1/2 on this one. It doesn’t take long to do, I just feel like I have higher priorities at the moment.
AND POSSIBLY DINOSAURS GOALS
- Completely finish the And Possibly Dinosaurs rebrand. ✘ I really hustled near the end of the month to finish this one, but I couldn’t make it happen. I’ve done a lot, but I don’t think I really appreciated how much I still have to do. To be continued!
- Get my Bloglovin “To Do” Collection down to 200 posts (including whatever I save in March). ✔ Done! I started going through these at the beginning of the month and slowly chipped away at them. Then last week I decided to scroll through the whole collection and unsave any posts that didn’t interest me or would be outdated by now anyway (looking at you, social media advice from 2016). And once I refreshed the page I was at exactly 200 remaining!
- Post to Instagram Stories every day. ✘ Once again, I missed one stinking day and it derailed the whole thing. Let’s try again in April!
- Increase Instagram following to 100. ✔ Done! Posting consistently really helps, so I’m going to come up with a better system for creating content in advance (while still being authentic) so I can continue to increase my following.
That’s one more crossed off than last month! So even though it doesn’t look like I was really successful, I still made a lot of progress! Onto the April goals.
- Finish my portfolio website. Now that I know what I’m going to include in my work examples, I need to gather it all together and make a plan for actually posting it.
- Complete our home book. I’ve got a good start, now I want to finish the whole thing! It’s one of my 101 in 1001, so I’d love to have this crossed off by the time I do a check-in post later this month.
- Finish Protector of the Small. I’m currently rereading a book series I loved when I was in grade school called Protector of the Small, which is about a girl who wants to become a female knight in a world where it’s technically allowed, but society is still struggling with it. I’m only about 75% of the way through the first book, but I want to try to finish all four books by the end of the month. They’re pretty short, easy reads, so I think I can do it!
- Go on a hike with Sean and Stanley. The weather hasn’t quite warmed up yet, but I’d like to get hiking again! We’ve got a book of 60 hikes in our area, so I’d like to pick just one out this month and do it.
AND POSSIBLY DINOSAURS
- Completely finish the And Possibly Dinosaurs rebrand. To be specific, that means finish switching over all of the header images (I only have a few more to go), republishing old blog posts that I unpublished, and making sure my social media channels all match my new branding. I can do this!
- Post to Instagram Stories every day. I can do this!
- Begin Sunday Scratches again April 8. I used to do a feature called Sunday Scratches, where I’d post random links and updates from my life on Sundays. When I stopped doing “lifestyle” content I ended the series, but I’d like to start it up again! I wasn’t able to begin this past Sunday, so starting next weekend I’d like to begin doing those weekly.
- Begin creating a new product. I’ve got a new product in the works that I’m really excited about! I’d like to begin working on it this month. I’ve been putting it off for a while because I’m intimidated, but it’s time to bite the bullet and give it a go.
Here’s hoping I can beat my previous record of 3 goals completed! If I can get 4 done this month, that’s half, and I’d be pretty happy with that!
What are your goals for April?