A few months ago, Randi introduced me to Mackenzie Horan’s blog, Design Darling. She knew I’d love it because she has a mini bucket list challenge called 101 Things in 1001 Days. It’s a happy medium between a To Do List and a Bucket List.
If you didn’t know, I absolutely love lists. I see this as an awesome opportunity to make more realistic steps toward my Bucket List.
I spent a solid day deciding what my 101 in 1001 would be. I might change some of them if my interests change, but here’s my starting point. I’m going to make a page on the blog where I update the items I’m able to cross off. This page won’t be updated with any of these changes. If you’re interested in my progress, check it out here!
Some of these I took right from Mackenzie. Others are inspired by my Bucket List. Others just sound fun.
Ends: January 10, 2018
- Come up with 101 things.
- Take a pottery class.
- Take a trapeze class.
- Take a cooking class.
- Learn calligraphy.
- Buy some white Converse.
- Try five new foods.
- Get professional photos taken of me and Sean and decorate our apartment with photos of us.
- Figure out how to have plants in the apartment without the pets eating them
- Complete 10 Pinterest projects – recipes, diy projects, etc.
- Read the Game of Thrones series.
- Figure out how to display the Game of Thrones posters.
- Read 30 books.
- Unplug for 24 hours.
- Lob my hair.
- Have a conversation in French.
- Go to bed at 9:30 every night for two weeks.
- Wake up at 5 every morning for two weeks.
- Read for 30 minutes every night before bed for a month.
- Create Instagram albums for every year.
- Invest in a good weekend bag.
- Hit my savings goals for an emergency fund and pet fund.
- Watch 5 television shows from start to finish.
- Watch 5 documentaries.
- Draw every day for a month.
Health + Fitness
- Get back to my pre-anxiety-medication weight.
- Be able to do the splits in at least one direction.
- Don’t eat bread for two weeks.
- Go paintballing.
- Play in five consecutive seasons at GRSSC.
- Take an introduction to hockey class.
- Try luge.
- Find out my blood type.
- Donate blood.
- Start and finish Couch to 5K.
- Get my allergies retested.
- Don’t eat out for two weeks.
- Learn how to snowboard.
- Drink eight glasses of water every day for a week.
- Don’t eat sugar for a week.
- Do yoga every day for a week.
- Finish my portfolio website.
- Update my blog with new colors.
- Write five posts per week for three months.
- Share an apartment tour on the blog.
- Have 10 different notepad designs available on Etsy.
- Invest in an external hard drive for my work computer.
- Work with a brand on a blog post.
- Launch a freelance design business.
- Go to a blog conference.
- Get professional portraits taken.
- Update my About Me page on the blog.
- Start a new blog series.
- Finish all of my A Beautiful Mess classes.
- Make And Possibly Dinosaurs an official Michigan business.
- Increase my 401K contribution.
- Increase my Twitter following to 5,000 followers.
- Write a guest post on another blog.
- Create a bank of at least 10 posts to fall back on.
- Get published in a major publication.
- Stop chimping.
- SEO all of my blog posts and pages.
- Have five &19 projects available on Etsy.
- Invest in a telephoto lens.
- Reach Inbox Zero every day for at least a week.
- Go to a Red Wings away game.
- Go to a Griffins away game.
- Go on a road trip.
- Go on a train trip.
- Visit Mackinac Island.
- Walk the Mackinac Bridge.
- Visit Traverse City in the summer.
- Spend a week at the cottage.
- Travel internationally.
- Visit Dan + Lesley in Charlotte.
- Go to a Tigers game.
- Visit Chicago.
- Visit St. Louis.
- Go to an amusement park.
- Go on a winery tour.
- Go on the Heritage Hill Tour.
- Try 10 new restaurants in GR.
- Drink exclusively at local coffee shops (or home) for a month.
- Go to an outdoor concert at Meijer Gardens.
- Spend a winter afternoon at Meijer Gardens.
- Go to a drive-in movie at the Getty.
- Bike to John Ball Zoo and have a picnic.
- Go on five different hikes in the Grand Rapids area.
- Visit any of the farmers markets at least five times.
- Visit 10 Michigan lighthouses.
Friends, Family, + Pets
- Connect with a blogging friend in real life.
- Have my grandma teach me how to sew.
- Throw someone a surprise party.
- Teach Stanley how to do a barrel roll.
- Take Stanley for a walk every day (rain or shine) for a month.
- Go on a daddy-daughter date.
- Go on a mommy-daughter date.
- Send flowers to my mom out of the blue.
- Send flowers to Sean’s mom out of the blue.
- Send a card once per week for three months.
- Host a board game night.
What would you have on your 101 in 1001 list?
Lula Vida says
This is a really cute idea! Especially for those of us that love making lists 😉 I think one of my 101 will be to make a list too! Love your blog design too btw.
Thank you so much, Lula! The first item on my to do lists is always “make a to do list.” I always feel so accomplished when I cross it off 😉
Lula Vida says
I am definitely in that same boat ^_^
Randi M. Shaffer says
Looks like you can visit me and knock both Chicago and an away Wings game off that list at once! 🙂
Randi with an i
So much fun. You now have me considering making a list!