Do you ever have those days when you feel really unproductive? Everything you have to do seems uninspiring and / or like it will take forever?
Pretty much every Monday is like that for me. But I’ve found that doing a few quick tasks makes me feel really productive, and like I can easily tackle anything sent my way.
So I’ve put together a list of 35 things you can accomplish in 5 minutes or less. Who’s ready to feel productive?
- Watch a funny cat video to cheer yourself up.
- Do a few quick yoga stretches at your desk.
- Go through your inbox and file papers that you’re done with.
- Text an old friend asking to grab coffee.
- Respond to a long email.
- Sort your dirty laundry.
- Start a load of laundry.
- Take a walk around the block or office.
- Set a timer and write down as many blog post topics as you can think of in 5 minutes.
- Read a blog post from your favorite blog.
- Make a cup of coffee.
- Turn off social media notifications on your phone.
- Clean out your purse.
- Clean off your desktop (physical or digital).
- Delete unused apps from your phone.
- Create folders for your emails and sort 100 emails.
- Listen to your voicemails.
- Write and address a letter to a friend.
- Go through your bookshelves and get rid of unwanted books.
- Unsubscribe to 10 email lists that you don’t really read.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Make a grocery list.
- Go through old notebooks and toss ones you won’t read again. Be honest.
- Go through your toiletries and toss expired / unwanted items.
- Then do the same thing in your refrigerator.
- Then do the same thing in your pantry.
- Go through one dresser drawer and get rid of things that are worn out or unwanted.
- Comment on a blog post you recently enjoyed.
- Make your bed.
- Go through your Downloads folder and organize the files.
- Clean the bathroom sink.
- Water the plants.
- Take out the trash / recycle.
- Walk through your house and turn off any unused lights or other electronics.
- Start the task you want to do the least.
Which one are you starting with?