Do you ever have those days when you feel really unproductive? Everything you have to do seems uninspiring and / or like it will take forever?
Pretty much every Monday is like that for me. But I’ve found that doing a few quick tasks makes me feel really productive, and like I can easily tackle anything sent my way.
So I’ve put together a list of 35 things you can accomplish in 5 minutes or less. Who’s ready to feel productive?
- Watch a funny cat video to cheer yourself up.
- Do a few quick yoga stretches at your desk.
- Go through your inbox and file papers that you’re done with.
- Text an old friend asking to grab coffee.
- Respond to a long email.
- Sort your dirty laundry.
- Start a load of laundry.
- Take a walk around the block or office.
- Set a timer and write down as many blog post topics as you can think of in 5 minutes.
- Read a blog post from your favorite blog.
- Make a cup of coffee.
- Turn off social media notifications on your phone.
- Clean out your purse.
- Clean off your desktop (physical or digital).
- Delete unused apps from your phone.
- Create folders for your emails and sort 100 emails.
- Listen to your voicemails.
- Write and address a letter to a friend.
- Go through your bookshelves and get rid of unwanted books.
- Unsubscribe to 10 email lists that you don’t really read.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Make a grocery list.
- Go through old notebooks and toss ones you won’t read again. Be honest.
- Go through your toiletries and toss expired / unwanted items.
- Then do the same thing in your refrigerator.
- Then do the same thing in your pantry.
- Go through one dresser drawer and get rid of things that are worn out or unwanted.
- Comment on a blog post you recently enjoyed.
- Make your bed.
- Go through your Downloads folder and organize the files.
- Clean the bathroom sink.
- Water the plants.
- Take out the trash / recycle.
- Walk through your house and turn off any unused lights or other electronics.
- Start the task you want to do the least.
Which one are you starting with?
Trish Nicholas says
Great Ideas! Feeling productive is definitely a hit or miss kind of thing with me, lol.
Heather Serra says
I didn’t realize there was so much you could do with just 5 minutes or less. Even if you took a huge task and broke it down into 5 minutes every day, after a week, you’ll feel accomplished.
Exactly! And if you just start it, saying you’ll just work on it for 5 minutes, you’ll likely keep going! 🙂
Love this list! I always feel like if I throw a load of laundry in, I’m so productive! Even if it only takes like 2 minutes!
Exactly! It’s such a great feeling!
Shann Eva says
I NEED to make a grocery list STAT. These are some great ideas to get me motivated. Thanks for sharing them. 🙂
You can do it! 🙂
Brea Getting Fit says
LOVE your list! Have you tried UnrollMe or SaneBox?! AWESOME email tools that save me so much time!
Thank you! I’ve tried UnrollMe, but I still get notifications about the emails. It’s like they’re still sent to me, but them promptly deleted. So that was frustrating.
Brooke Knipp says
Create folders for emails and sort 100 emails…I NEED TO DO THIS. You really can get so much done when you grab those extra five minutes here and there!
Isn’t it crazy how time adds up?!
Lauren W says
I love this idea for a blog post! Great ways to feel productive!!
I pinned this! I absolutely love this!
🙂 Thanks, lady!
First one nerds to be get out of bed. Lol. Great list