I’m excited to announce that And Possibly Dinosaurs has been nominated for a Liebster Award!
Meg from At Home with Meg nominated me for this award, and I wanted to thank her so much for the nomination! I’m so excited about this award and the relationships it’s bringing together. Meg has an awesome blog that I definitely recommend you check out. You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, Pinterest, and Google+.
So, what’s a Liebster Award?
A Liebster Award is a fun award bloggers give to each other to recognize and find new blogs.
The Liebster Award Rules
Once you’re nominated for an award, you choose whether or not to accept it. Accepting it means you have to write a blog post about it, following these rules:
At Home with Meg’s Liebster Award Questions for Me
Here are my answers to Meg’s questions!
1. What do you love most about blogging?
I love being able to combine my interests in graphic design, writing, and web design! I’m always learning new things and challenging myself.
2. Who is your favorite blogger that you get inspiration or motivation from?
A Beautiful Mess. Everything about that blog is wonderful.
3. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
What I Wish I Knew Before Going to Africa. It’s vulnerable and honest and I put a lot of time and effort into it.
4. If you were on Survivor – what type of player would you be (a leader, a team player, a strategist, manipulator, etc)?
A team player. Buuuut I probably wouldn’t be on Survivor because that whole experience just sounds miserable.
5. If you found yourself on a deserted island, what five things would you want with you?
Oh man. I’m going to assume I wouldn’t have cell phone or internet service because I could just call or message for help, so outside of that, I’d have to say (1) my boyfriend Sean, (2) the book Life of Pi, (3) a blanket, (4) a pillow, and (5) a mobile home. Is a mobile home cheating? I’m going to say it’s not.
6. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Touched an alligator while I was studying abroad in Ghana. In hindsight, it was reeeeally dumb.
7. What is your favorite quote and why?
“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should live their lives, but none about his or her own.” -Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
It’s just so true. I wish people could just let others live their own lives without judgment.
8. What was the last movie you have seen and what are your top five movie picks?
The last movie I saw was Theory of Everything and it was wonderful. My top five movie picks are (1) Fight Club, (2) That Thing You Do!, (3) Life of Pi, (4), Big Fish, and (5) Guardians of the Galaxy.
9. Do you prefer to eat cookies, cake, cupcakes, or candy?
10. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Pay off my parents’ mortgage.
11. What’s the first concert you ever went to?
NSYNC. And damn proud of it.
11 Random Facts about Me
- I used to sell drugs on a street corner. (Don’t worry, it was a pharmacy.)
- I’m a huge Red Wings fan and both of my pets have hockey-themed names
- It drives me nuts when people spell “canceled” with two L’s, unless they’re Canadian or British.
- I absolutely hate book and movie spoilers.
- If a movie was based on a book, I must read the book before seeing the movie.
- I’ve never seen The Notebook. But I have read the book.
- Amy Poehler is one of my favorite people in the world.
- I used to be a cheerleader.
- I used to have my lip pierced.
- I love listening to comedians read their own memoir audiobooks. For example, Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? and Amy Poehler’s Yes Please.
- I love fighting gender stereotypes.
The Liebster Award Nominees
And here are the lovely ladies I’ve chosen to nominate!
Under the Ash Tree
What Terra Said
The Pencil Path
My Questions for the Liebster Award Nominees
Alright, ladies. Here are the 11 questions you must answer if you choose to accept the Liebster Award.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What’s one thing you miss about being a kid?
- What was your dream job when you were growing up?
- What is your dream job now?
- Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could have dinner with any five people, living or dead, who would they be?
- What do you value most in life?
- If your house / apartment was on fire and you could only grab three things, what would they be and why? (Assume other people and pets can flee on their own).
- What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?
I look forward to hearing your answers!
Thanks again to At Home with Meg for nominating me!
Sarah Hensler Luetjen says
Sarah @ http://www.sarahsayhello.com
Meri Chan says
Whoaaa. Yayyy. Thanks for the nomination. I should get to it. 😀 And CONGRATS!!!
Ashley Hufford says
I’m so excited! Thank you!!!
Jessica Reyna Brogan says
Thank you so much for the nomination!!! I FINALLY got my post up! http://www.reinventingjess.com/2015/04/the-liebster-award.html