February always flies by! It helps that it’s the shortest month. It wasn’t the greatest month for me, but March will be better! I can feel it!
Personal Goals [1/5]
- Reorganize and consolidate my photo files. ✘ This is a much bigger task than I anticipated. I think I was imagining it taking about as much time as it took me to clean out my Kindle, but that was a lot smaller of a project. I’ll keep working on this though! Slow but steady.
- Read A Storm of Swords. ✘ Omg, this book is so long. I was definitely overly ambitious with this one.
- Paint the office. ✘ No longer a huge priority for us. Going to table this for now.
- Make fire starters. ✔ It always seemed like such a daunting task, so I couldn’t work up the courage to do it until last night when I realized I’ve crossed off literally none of my personal goals for February. And it took all evening, but it feels so good to have it done!
- Catch up on the Unladylike podcast. ✘ I made a bunch of progress, but I forgot that all of the episodes are an hour long, and I had about 30 episodes to listen to. Whoops.
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals [2/2]
- Complete 4 courses from CoSchedule Academy Pro. ✔ Done! I’m making progress before my membership expires May 1. Six more courses to go!
- End the month 1 week ahead of blog post writing. ✔ Done! Right now both of my blog posts for next week are already written and scheduled. It’s been so nice for my anxiety because I don’t feel the deadline looming. And because they’re evergreen posts, I don’t feel weird about planning so far ahead of my content. Pieces like Sunday Scratches, goals, and 101 in 1001 check-ins will still be written close to when they’re published.
Career Goals [2/3]
- Finish the Daisy Welcome Series. ✔ Done! I finished the last email yesterday. I have to schedule them still, but I’m planning on doing that today, which is still within the month of February!
- Begin the Early Bird Social Media Toolkit. ✔ I haven’t started creating the materials for the toolkit yet, but I started setting up the document, so I’m going to count that!
- Clean up the images folder on the website. ✘ Going to be honest, I didn’t really even touch it. Whoops.
Not a great month! But that’s alright, March will be better.
- Go through and organize all of the photos on my first hard drive. I told you this was a big project! I actually have two hard drives that I’m trying to go through. In March I’d like to at least get the first one done.
- Finish A Storm of Swords and read half of A Feast for Crows. That’s doable, right? Someone tell me that’s doable, because the final season of Game of Thrones is coming up too quickly.
- Catch up on Unladylike. For real this time!
And Possibly Dinosaurs Goals
- Write evergreen posts 1 week ahead of time all month. It’s on my 101 in 1001 list, and I think I’ve planned enough that I can make it happen!
- Create 25% of the videos for the new InDesign Adventure Guide. Ideally I’ll get more done than this, but 25% is my minimum in case the month gets away from me!
- Update the How to Send Content Upgrades in MailChimp blog post. I’ve gotten a few requests for an update on this post because MailChimp changed how automations are set up, so I’d like to get this done in March so it’s useful again!
- Complete 3 courses in CoSchedule Academy Pro. I have 6 more courses to complete and 2 months to do it, so I’d like to get half of them done in March!
- Finish the Early Bird Social Media Toolkit. Once the branding is finalized, I think I can crank it out rather easily!
- Convert 25% of Classic emails into Content Builder emails. This isn’t super exciting, but Salesforce Marketing Cloud is sunsetting the Classic email builder in June, which means we’ll lose access to the emails in there. Ideally this month I’ll convert 25% of them so we still have access to the emails for future use!
- Clean up 50% of the images folder on the website. Maybe making the goal smaller will make this more realistic?
Fingers crossed I do better in March! Wish me luck!