101 in 1001
[thst_alert style=”grey”]Last Updated: October 13, 2015[/thst_alert] For more information about 101 in 1001, check out my introduction. Starts
: April 15, 2015 Ends
: January 10, 2018
Come up with 101 things. [April 2015]
- Take a pottery class.
- Take a trapeze class.
- Take a cooking class.
- Learn calligraphy.
- Buy some white Converse.
- Try five new foods. [1/5: Mashed Cauliflower in April 2015]
- Get professional photos taken of me and Sean and decorate our home with photos of us.
Figure out how to have plants in the apartment without the pets eating them. [April 2015]
- Complete 10 Pinterest projects – recipes, diy projects, etc. [3/10: DIY Book Safe | DIY Gold Mouse Pad | DIY Gold Staples]
Read the Game of Thrones series. [June 2015]
- Figure out how to display the Game of Thrones posters.
- Read 30 books. [10/30 – A Feast for Crows by George R R Martin in April 2015, I Don’t Know What You Know Me From by Judy Greer in May 2015, Paper Towns by John Green in May 2015 | A Dance with Dragons by George R R Martin in June 2015 | Room by Emma Donoghue in July 2015 | I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai in July 2015 | Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris in July 2015 | We Bought a Zoo by Benjamin Mee in August 2015 | The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bugakov in September 2015 | The Martian by Andy Weir in September 2015 | The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks in September 2015]
- Unplug for 24 hours.
- Lob my hair.
- Have a conversation in French.
- Go to bed at 9:30 every night for two weeks.
- Wake up at 5 every morning for two weeks.
Read every night before bed for a month. [June 2015]
- Create Instagram albums for every year.
- Invest in a good weekend bag.
- Hit my savings goals for an emergency fund and pet fund.
Watch 5 television shows from start to finish. [5/5: Daredevil in June 2015 | Sense8 in June 2015 | Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in July 2015 | Game of Thrones in September 2015 | Better Off Ted in October 2015]
- Watch 5 documentaries. [3/5: Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief | The Queen of Versailles | Fed Up]
- Draw every day for a month.
Health + Fitness [1/16]
- Get back to my pre-anxiety-medication weight.
- Be able to do the splits in at least one direction.
- Don’t eat bread for two weeks.
- Go paintballing.
- Play in five seasons at GRSSC. [4/5: SkyZone Dodgeball in March – April 2015 | Kickball in May – June 2015 | Kickball in July – August 2015 | Dodgeball in November – December 2015]
- Take an introduction to hockey class.
- Try luge.
- Find out my blood type.
- Donate blood.
Start and finish Couch to 5K. [October 2015]
- Get my allergies retested.
- Don’t eat out for two weeks.
- Learn how to snowboard.
- Drink eight glasses of water every day for a week.
- Don’t eat sugar for a week.
- Do yoga every day for a week.
Finish my portfolio website. [April 2015]
Update my blog with new colors. [April 2015]
- Write five posts per week for three months. [2/3: September + October 2015]
- Share a home tour on the blog.
- Have 10 different notepad designs available on Etsy. [3/10: Grocery Lists | To Do Lists | Weekly Blog Planners]
Invest in an external hard drive for my work computer. [December 2015]
Work with a brand on a blog post. [April 2015]
Launch a freelance design business. [July 2015]
- Go to a blog conference.
- Get professional portraits taken.
Update my About Me page on the blog. [May 2015]
Start a new blog series. [Sunday Scratches – May 2015]
- Finish all of my A Beautiful Mess classes. [2/4: Capture Real Life in 52 Weeks in June 2015 | Blog Life in July 2015]
Make And Possibly Dinosaurs an official Michigan business. [June 2015]
- Increase my 401K contribution.
Increase my Twitter following to 5,000 followers. [May 2015]
- Write a guest post on another blog.
- Create a bank of at least 10 posts to fall back on. [2/10]
- Get published in a major publication.
- Stop chimping.
SEO all of my blog posts and pages. [April 2015]
- Have five &19 projects available on Etsy. [1/5: Scarves]
- Invest in a telephoto lens.
- Reach Inbox Zero every day for at least a week.
- Go to a Red Wings away game.
- Go to a Griffins away game.
- Go on a road trip.
- Go on a train trip.
Visit Mackinac Island. [September 2015]
Cross the Mackinac Bridge. [September 2015]
Visit Traverse City in the summer. [August 2015]
- Spend a week at the cottage.
- Travel internationally.
- Visit Dan + Lesley in Charlotte.
- Visit Cara in St. Louis.
- Go to a Tigers game.
- Visit Chicago.
- Go to an amusement park.
- Go on a winery tour.
Grand Rapids [3/10]
Go on the Heritage Hill Tour. [May 2015]
- Try 10 new restaurants in GR. [6/10: Perrin Brewing in April 2015 | Bagger Dave’s in April 2015 | Dave & Buster’s in May 2015 | The Tap in May 2015 | Quinn & Tooties in May 2015 | Flat Lander’s in July 2015]
- Drink exclusively at local coffee shops (or home) for a month.
Go to an outdoor concert at Meijer Gardens. [Michael Franti + Spearhead in June 2015]
- Spend a winter afternoon at Meijer Gardens.
Go to a drive-in movie at the Getty. [Ant-Man in July 2015]
- Go to John Ball Zoo and have a picnic.
- Go on five different hikes in the Grand Rapids area. [2/5: Saugatuck Dunes National Park in July 2015 | Seidman Park in August 2015]
- Visit any of the farmers markets at least five times. [3/5: Kentwood Farmer’s Market in June 2015 | Fulton Street Farmer’s Market in September 2015 | Downtown Market in December 2015]
- Visit 10 Michigan lighthouses.
Friends, Family, + Pets [2/11]
- Connect with a blogging friend in real life.
- Have my grandma teach me how to sew.
- Throw someone a surprise party.
Teach Stanley how to do a barrel roll. [April 2015]
- Take Stanley for a walk every day (rain or shine) for a month.
- Go on a daddy-daughter date.
- Go on a mommy-daughter date.
- Send flowers to my mom out of the blue.
- Send flowers to Sean’s mom out of the blue.
Send a card once per week for three months. [August 2015]
- Host a board game night.